[Feb 2016] What are you watching?

Herschel

Adventurer
Black Sails is the currently running show I delay little, if not live, watching. I'm caught up on Lucifer and Arrow, ignoring Flash and Supergirl. The X-Files has been pretty decent, though Gillian Anderson needs cheesecake and her voice is a bit rough. Triple D and Good Eats are faves also.

Hua Xu Yin: Chinese drama based on the story by Tang Qi. Started this on viki, but it got taken down, so ordered the DVD over Christmas (and just getting to it now).

Legend of Qin: Another Chinese drama (this one seems like wuxia with heavy fantasy elements). This is a pretty good series. I saw the first episode about a month or two ago and am just starting to watch it all the way through now.

Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Seasons 10 and 11.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Black Sails has pulled me in, enjoy it a good bit.
X-Files - wishing for a longer season!
Lucifer
The Walking Dead - first new episode was great.
NCIS
Limitless
Big Bang
Castle

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So whats Limitless like? they're just starting to advertise it here.
I understand that the premise is a drug that gives a guy super brain power? is it like Lucy?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
So whats Limitless like? they're just starting to advertise it here.
I understand that the premise is a drug that gives a guy super brain power? is it like Lucy?
It is based from the movie of the same name with Bradly Cooper, basic crime show but they have fun with it. You have a nice guy that has never found his place, he gets the drug and becomes an FBI consultant, they provide him a pill a day and he helps them but in strange ways. Great cast and as I said, they have fun with the show, that is what gets me watching.

I hate how the shows no longer have 26 episodes per season (like back in the 70's and 80's), and have so many breaks one never knows when a new episode/season is about to begin.
Most shows have only cut their number down to about 22-24 and some still have a full 26, the breaks aren't new either but they are longer than they used to be. I'll get off your lawn now...

Jhaelen

First Post
I hate how the shows no longer have 26 episodes per season (like back in the 70's and 80's), and have so many breaks one never knows when a new episode/season is about to begin.
I much prefer shorter seasons of max. 10 episodes. That way you can watch them all in a day or two. It's also a reasonable length for a storyline. Truly episodic tv shows no longer interest me. E.g. while Blacklist had an overarching background story, I didn't find it compelling enough to stand watching another 'villain of the day'. That got old real quick.

Remove ads