• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[February] What are you reading?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Have decided to read the Endworld series from start to finish. Man Post WW3 America is screwed up :)
For a moment there I thought you said the Enworld series. We had WW3? And I missed it? :D

Still reading A Dance With Dragons. I got stuck in a couple of parts where I had to go back and reread previous books.

Also reading John Dies at the End. I'm halfway through and I can already say it's one of the best books I've ever read.

Sutekh

First Post
lol, I could see how you might see it that way. Im sure the 3.5ers in post WW3 America might be an even worse enemy than the Androids or Commies in DC. :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
I finished The Crippled God. It's quite refreshing to read a 10-book series that actually ends and ends well. :)

I'm now reading the Hunger Games trilogy.

Alan Shutko

Explorer
I'm reading the red dragon book ([ame=http://www.amazon.com/Compilers-Principles-Techniques-Alfred-Aho/dp/0201100886/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1328414224&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools (9780201100884): Alfred V. Aho, Ravi Sethi, Jeffrey D. Ullman: Books[/ame]) which relates to this site in a peculiar way....

Way back when, Jean McGuire wrote a program called TableMaster, which was an automatic table roller (similar to Tablesmith today) and I'd been meaning to write a parser for Linux. I got a decent parser for the demo, but never managed to handle the full language. So I'm reading the dragon book to get enough of a grounding to write the parser and bring it into the modern era....

Mercutio01

First Post
Finished
Changes (Dresden Files)
Hunger Games trilogy.

Started
Ghost Story (Dresden Files)
Sandman Slim

I expect to finish both of those in the next three days or so, and then I think I'll try to read A Game of Thrones again.

Richards

Legend
Destroyer of Worlds, third in a series of novels in Larry Niven's "Known Space" universe, but set 200 years before the discovery of the Ringworld. Filled with Puppeteer goodness - one of my favorite sci-fi alien races.

Johnathan

JRRNeiklot

First Post
I, too, am reading some Niven, specifically The Barsoom Project (Dream Park series, Book 2). Interestingly, the IFGS (International Fantasy Gaming Society) got its start from the fictional IFGS in Dream Park, which I think is cool as hell.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads