Festival of Halina: Adventurers Gone Wild! (Orsal Judging)

orsal

LEW Judge
I approve the XP awards for this adventure, and also note 5 DM credits to Bront.

Thanks, Bront, for a very creative and well-run adventure. I pretty much echo the sentiments your players have expressed about it.

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
#1) How was I as a GM? How was the Adventure? Was there something I could have improved?
Rystil Arden's comments in post 810 was nigh onto verbatim what I'd answer for this.
Bront said:
#2) Any questions about the adventure, the characters or such? I'll answer most of them (There's a few I won't).
I think they've already been answered. I do get the feeling that the interaction between my character and Scarlet went a little farther than you'd originally envisioned it. I mean, honestly, I've never heard anyone wax poetic about the beauty of a cotton blossom blowing across the fields before! ;)
Bront said:
#3) Did you enjoy it? What was your favorite part? What was your least favorite?
Well, of course I enjoyed it! Mucho thanks for doing something quite different from the usual dungeon crawl.

By far, my favorite part was the amazing humor of it all. Some of the dialogue, especially in the first thread, was as funny as anything I've paid $7 to see in recent years. If it's been a few months, go back and read some of it...you'll see what I mean. I just now surfed to find a good example. I had a certain incident in mind, but while looking for it, I stumbled across this, which takes place during one evening's festive dancing:
Kishwa Dogteeth said:
"YEHAWW!" Fang yells out as he grabs Lasair by the arm and begins spinning around.

"YEHAAWWW" he yells again as he glances over at Hellen and smiles.
Ok, if the thought of a big, furry orc screaming "Yehaw!" while spinning Lasair around so fast that her feet barely touch the ground doesn't bring a smile to your face, nothing will. FoH is just absolutely chock-full of moments like that.

The least favorite part, sadly, was the way the whole thing seemed to run out of steam like a leaky calliope near the end. I think just about all of us lost track of which day it was at some point or other, and had to check previous posts to figure out where we were. Not all of that was something that you could control, however, and it's all been discussed before.
Bront said:
#4) Did I do a good job handling the droped characters in a way that was the least disruptive? Input is again appreciated.
The problem with a dropped character is that unless someone gives you the courtesy of a note stating that they're dropping out for good, you're never quite sure just how much of an NPC their PC has become. I really saw that with Sunny. When we first lost contact with two, it was all "Could I do this", and "Should I do that", and asking for ideas/permission to marry him off in the Gen Disc. thread. Near the end, even the other PC's were conveniently shuffling him offstage to keep him from thwarting their plans...he was no different than the mayor in that respect.

Given all that, I think you did as well as anyone could. And frankly, when this adventure was hot, it was so hot that I can't understand why anyone would drop, aside from some overriding RL circumstance.

Bront

The man with the probe
Glad to hear :)

2) Scarlet almost had an interesting history. RA I believe guessed it in a completely different thread at one point. And, of course, I think I'm going to be mean and not tell you till you see her again (Muhaha!) (No comments from RA either)

I'll likely be running 2 more adventures. One I need to submit still, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Ah, I thought he might be a Shadowdancer. I figured he probably wasn't, though, since the level requirements would guarantee that he could wipe our party out of existence while holding a glass of water in his other hand without spilling a drop, if we decided to fight him.

As for Scarlet, that wasn't so hard to guess :p

Remove ads