Festival of Halina (Orsal Judging)

Bront

The man with the probe
Scarlet clings to Oirhandir's arm tenderly and patiently, and seems fairly content.

Sunny starts after Daphnie "This would be as good a time as any to ask to meet her mother."

OOC: Sorry for the confusion.

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
Sunny starts after Daphnie "This would be as good a time as any to ask to meet her mother."
Oirhandir turned his head toward Scarlet and chuckled, "I suppose we're all going to follow Daphnie after all. Have you met the mayor's family yet?"

OOC: As much PC-generated confusion as DM-generated confusion. :) No problem!

Bront

The man with the probe
Sunny and company head over and wave down Daphnie. Daphnie smiles and embraces Sunny warmly and gives him a quick kiss. "So, have you come to rescue me from my evil captours?" she giggles, motioning her head towards the two guards.

Sunny smiles and kisses her back. When he's finished, he gets that look he gets when he's trying to think of how to ask something without sticking his foot in his mouth.
OOC: I'm in the airport (Wireless is cool). Sunny will respond in a moment, so you have a day to speak intervene on his behalf :)

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
Sunny will respond in a moment, so you have a day to speak intervene on his behalf :)
Oirhandir glanced at Scarlet as the couple smooched. He hoped that she'd have the same sort of look on her face that human women did when they said something like, "Awww, aren't they so cute?"

About the time the prospective newlyweds come up for air, Oirhandir cleared his throat and spoke. "Daphnie, we were taking Sunny around to get some things for the wedding. Is there anything he needs to know about the wedding as he makes his plans? Like how many bridesmaids there are going to be, or if there are any special vows or anything?"

The elf prided himself on his ability to organize undertakings for the best chance of success. In this, he saw planning a wedding as little different from planning an expedition to a dragon's lair. He couldn't do everything for the young couple, but understood that every suggestion that he made that turned out to be helpful would only bolster his reputation. Besides, these humans needed all the help he could give.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Oirhandir
"Daphnie, we were taking Sunny around to get some things for the wedding. Is there anything he needs to know about the wedding as he makes his plans? Like how many bridesmaids there are going to be, or if there are any special vows or anything?"

Troi pondered this question, and his mind wandered as he attempted to think of anything that would be necessary for a wedding. He then suddenly shook his head.

"Music." He said, after a brief pause. "What about music?"

LogicsFate

First Post
"Where are you heading to, Daphne?"Elise asks, then turning to Troi "We definitly need music, what about the band at the opening ceremony? They'd probly availible"

OOC: [sblock] The last part of my partially confusing post included the actions of starting off to follow daphne, Sorry for the confusion, I was just having too much fun with the broken Elvish[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Daphnie says "Oh, well I think I have a few friends who would love to be bridesmaids. I was heading towards the library to look up wedding customs, and perhaps get some ideas for the vows."

Sunny speaks up "Daphnie, do you think I could have dinner with your family? I didn't get on a good foot with your dad, and I was hoping for a better start with your mother."

Daphnie stops and is taken aback by that, "I thought you knew, she when I was young. I know I told Troi, I thought I told you too."

Sunny begins to stumble again for words, trying to spit out some sort of appology, but Daphnie just sighs "You'll have to learn to pay more attention to me once we're married, ok?"

"I'm going to do my research, I need some alone time to sort all this out." Daphnie turns and resumes her walk to the library, her head down a little as she goes.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Elise
"We definitly need music, what about the band at the opening ceremony? They'd probly availible."

Troi nods. "I s'pose that'd work, but that might be expensive."

Daphnie
"You'll have to learn to pay more attention to me once we're married, ok? I'm going to do my research, I need some alone time to sort all this out."

At this, Troi's brow furrows.

Something here doesn't seem right... something very odd is going on... something about her expression...

"[Elven] Oirhandir,
does any a this seem kinda... off, ta ya? I mean,
Daphnie
's not accounted fer on th' third day. She coulda been with
Sunny,
sure, but he was drinkin' too much ta remember, like ya said - but she didn't say either way. An' she said somethin'... some fortune er other, an' she has been lookin' ta get outta this place. Do ya think this could be some sorta scam ta get outta here? I mean, how did th' mayor find out about what they were doin' unless she let it slip somehow... an' maybe she did it on purpose. Either way, we should get everybody together an' consider just what's goin' on... th' others might have some thoughts, an' I'd like ta get everybody's opinions. But wait until we're not around
Daphnie
or anybody workin' fer th' mayor. If this is a scam, we don't want it ta be public knowledge that we got it figured out, or on our way ta figurin' it out, anyway...
"

El Jefe

First Post
Oirhandir considered Troi's words. He watched Daphnie as she walked out of earshot.

"Allright", he replied in the Common Tongue, "Sunny, if you would accompany us, and everyone else as well, we should go someplace private and discuss this."

The group walked a short distance away from the Mayor's house, and Oirhandir and Troi kept an eye out for eavesdroppers. "Here is our concern", the elf said in a quiet voice. "Troi suspects, and I do to a lesser degree, that there may be deception behind this wedding. Now, if marriage is what Sunny and Daphnie really want, then I am for it, but it is not my wish for any to be misled."

He paused to catch his breath. "By his own account, Sunny spent an evening three days ago with Daphnie. He sought her out the next day, found her with Troi, and assumed her heart was false, so he left after a few harsh words and drowned his sorrows in ale. Yesterday he was so besotted that he has no memory of spending time with her, yet he believes that he spent the day alone.

Yet, the mayor specifically accused him of not only being with Daphnie yesterday, but also of conducting himself improperly with her as well. He said her dress was disheveled in that fashion when he laid eyes on her yesterday evening. We are unable to account for Sunny or Daphnie's actions yesterday, yet what we know we cannot arrange in harmony.

Also, in Troi's mind, Daphnie seems overly eager to not just marry Sunny, but to leave Covington. I think the couple should be free to live where they wish, but Sunny, I do not wish to see her use you in that fashion just to escape this place.

Then there is the matter of wedding plans. I can understand that her mother passed away some time ago, but have you ever known a lass her age so bereft of relatives and friends that she must resort to books to help plan her own wedding? And even so, where is the covey of females that would accompany her to that place, just days before the wedding with so much yet to do? I agree with Troi, something seems amiss here, though I know not just who is behind it.

What say you, Sunny? And the rest of you, as well. I would hear all your hearts in this matter."
Oirhandir glanced around the group, making it clear with his eyes that he considered Scarlet a member and welcomed her thoughts as well.

Remove ads