[FFD20] Let's Mass our Forces, and Rebuild our Power

Drake Masters

First Post
Skill Check

Maybe even make up a skill, like; Knowledge (Monster Lore) A suggestion since strago in FF6 (or FF3 in america) his abilitiy was called "Lore" Just a thought.

ES2

First Post
Okay, so who's not working on what? I want in on this, but the only games I have played is FF1 and 2, when they first came out a long long time ago, and recently FF 7, 9, and 10, but 9 only on the first disc, and almost beat 7 and 10.

Are we gonna come up with our own class system (similar to D&D but not as stringent)? I hope we aren't gonna use the D&D magic system, which to me would totally ruin the FF feel.

Oh, as I have never played FFTactics, which I know I'm missing out on a great game, is that the game that is getting most of the focus as far as classes go?

I was debating myself, before I saw this thread, about how to do classes, and I was just thinking of core classes, like Warrior, Thief, and Mage, and then within each core class have various path abilities and talents that a person can make to diversify amonst the more specialty classes, like Red, White, Black and Summoning Mages; Knight, Dark Knight, Dragoon for the warrior class; Ninja, Assassin, Master Thief for the thief core class. But, I never got around to attempting to fine tune it. Plus, since I am so used to 7 and 10, my ideas were more along the lines of a versatile and open structure for advancing characters and not as strict as far as classes and levels go like D&D, but at this point I really don't care.

I would just like to see a good FF game made that a lot of people would like to get possibly, and be involved in something that could be great.

I'm working on the Blue Mage currently, the class and its abilities itself are done, but the conversion to figure out what an Su ability is as a spell level equivilant is still being done.

I proposed to make each of the FF classes a Core Class and a Prestige Class, so that a DM could pick and choose which ones he would want for his campaign (as we are mainly undecided here).

Xiryc

First Post
Here's an idea:

We can throw out Epic Level status, and just allow characters to reach whatever level they wish. Since we'll probably end up converting alot of FF monsters anyway, we wouldn't need to worry too much about CRs of DnD monsters being too low. This would give players alot more room for multiclassing, and it just seems to feel right. Twenty levels just isn't enough. This would also give us room to have 15-20 levels per class. Of course, it would also require a reworking of the experience per level system. I think we could make it work.

Also, I'm working on my ideas for the Moogle race. Probably wont have it finished until Friday though, with my job and all.

Clifford

First Post
Peep

I think peep should be a function of some sort of knowledge (Knowledge monsters perhapse?) maybe the character has heard of a monsters relitive strengths and its abilities. Not realy a power persay but something like a feat or something like that seems reasonable.

CLiff :D

Orius

Legend
This was a fairly interesting thread, with some pretty good ideas.
How far along are you guys? This discussion seems to have died out around the end of last summer sometime. I played around with some ideas on adapting FF ideas to D&D a while ago, and I probably have my notes somewhere. Since I'm not really interested in playing a FF campaign in D&D, I didn't really do much with it. But if anyone's interested, I'll see if I can find my notes and share the ideas I did have.

Last edited:

shoes

First Post
Blarg...

Yeah, I'm doing my own little version of FFd20 right now and hopefully will have it up on my site within the next week or so. Maybe and hopefully this can get started back up again, cause i would love to help on this, seeing the members over on the Wizards Boards are using D20 Modern base rules for their FFd20 (and I'm not a big fan of d20 Modern's system).

Creamsteak

Explorer
Well, if you were to do an FFD20 conversion of the games from 7-10, D20 modern would be the way to go about it. Those games, however, are not my personal target for a system. I'd rather play the classic FFs, which to me includes Tactics.

Remove ads