• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fiendish Codex II next month--Any scoop/rumors/etc.?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Psion said:
Oy, this argument again?

shoot, that's what i said. i was hoping to hear more speculation on the actual flavor-type content of the book, not more argument on stats.

Shemeska said:
I'm actually curious to see how FC:II handles previous Lords of the 9 who have since been deposed and exiled, or outright killed like Zariel (imprisoned as Bel's midnight snack), Geryon (dead), Moloch (good question, given the events of Apocalypse Stone), and perhaps even some previously undescribed Lot9.

yeah, me too! :) and maybe they'll give the Hag Countess her first name back. ;)

James Jacobs said:
Yeah... there was a LOT of contradicting material out there about the Abyss; part of what Erik and I tried to do with FC1 was figure out how to tie it all together in a way that annoyed the least amount of fans (which, of course, included us!). Part of the problem is, of course, the fact that during 2nd edition, the concept of demons and devils went through some pretty major changes, and then when the pendulum swung back near the end of 2E it didn't quite land where it started. Lolth transforming from minor demon lord to big-time goddess is perhaps the best example of this, but there were countless others to sort out and explain. It was fun... but it was also really hard and nerve-wracking.

and, as Erik has pointed out, the demons were probably a heck of a lot easier than the devils, by comparison. ;)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Shemmy LOL

Personally I wish she's just a) accept the change to Baaztu and b) have her name be Lilith.

I mean is there something wrong with that?

Nightfall

Good point Rip.

Me I hope she changes her name and appearance to Lilith. There just aren't enough good Liliths in D&D these days. Well in Hell anyway. ;)

Ripzerai

Explorer
BOZ said:
hmm, good point - maybe that's why they nixed it. :)

I assume it was. Of course, BoVD establishes that she was Moloch's lover, so it wouldn't be at all strange to say her name was Lilith (Moloch's consort in 1e), as Green Ronin did. Robert Schwalb already took that tack in The Unholy Warrior's Handbook. If they don't use that angle, they have a "love" triangle on their hands.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I've heard that since most games only get to 7th-10th level, that the devil lords will be CR 12 will notes on how to increase their CR for those playing higher levels. :p

Nightfall

Joe,

What did someone drop a cyncial tablet in your coffee today? ;)

Rip,

God I hope RJ does that. That was one of the reason I adored Legions of Hell/Book of Fiends and GR's cosmology.

Remove ads