Fifa World Cup 2010

Sutekh

First Post
Aus to at least the semifinal

Okay, so I dont expect Aus to go all the way. The semifinals would be a dream .. quarters more expected. It was a hard group with Germany and Ghana and Serbia.. gulp.

However..

Ballack is gone for Germany (probably their best player)
Essen is gone for Ghana (and is easily their best player)
Serbia (well Dont know much about them .. didnt they get bombed by the UN?)

So I hoping for australia to take advantage of the injuries that are out there.

Although being in England at the moment, what is up with ALL of the local papers?

Savage your own side much? And just wait for the coach to get all the blame because wow.. we only just realised.. he isnt British!..

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I like the US, England, Portugal and Germany. I like Mexico too.

But I really enjoy rooting against Brazil and Italy. B-)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I like watching the Brazillians play...but I'm still rooting for the USA.

I may be watching some of the thugs play, though, just for giggles. Whose bus was it that got stoned? Albania? I saw some footage of them playing Egypt and didn't see much diving on the part of the Egyptian players- they earned their tears.

Nevermind- I just looked at the Group listings and apparently that team didn't make it. (Maybe there is some justice in the world...)

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Although being in England at the moment, what is up with ALL of the local papers?

Savage your own side much? And just wait for the coach to get all the blame because wow.. we only just realised.. he isnt British!..

I don't know about the local papers - but as for the national papers: welcome to the British Press. That's what they do.

Jack7

First Post
It's my favorite sport and the Cup is my favorite soccer event. I also used to play in school. So really like to watch it. It's the only team sport I actually still get emotional and charged up about.

I'll be pulling for USA.

I like to watch Italy, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, England, Korea, and South Africa play.

I also like to watch some of the smaller underdog teams play. Depends on who makes it and how they act.

I'd much rather see an American team take it (North, Central, or South American) but if they play really well I don't mind seeing Italy or Germany take it either.

Once I'd like to see somebody like Korea take it.

But it's the best sporting event in the world to me.
I love it.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
yep

cant believe spain are the bookies favourite. If any team is more disappointing in big tournaments its spain, more so than england

at 14-1 im really tempted to have a flutter on teams like germany and argentina

Spain ARE the European Champions, though! And they've got Villa and Torres up front - that's got to be the most dangerous partnership in the World Cup.

I am, of course, cheering for England and hoping like hell that Rooney doesn't get a) injured or b) sent off.

I'm also going to be enthusiastically cheering Aaron Lennon, the Tottenham speed-demon, and wishing him luck. He's possibly my favourite English player right now.

Argentina are either going to be spectacular, or spectacularly awful. Maradonna is an absolute lunatic, but he might just inspire them.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Argentina are either going to be spectacular, or spectacularly awful.
I picked them in 2006 and was very disappointed. They need to redeem themselves to me, a random American. :rant:

Maradonna is an absolute lunatic, but he might just inspire them.
There's always one naked streaker; maybe this year it will be him. :p Go Argentina!

And let's hope USA gets out of the first round!

Remove ads