Fight Club

Olive

Explorer
Teflon Billy said:
That was it. We got a lot better at fighting--it just wasn't all that strange a situation for any of us anymore--and the worst anyone ever got hurt was a few broken noses (mine was one) a guy named Craig who got his front tooth knocked out.

Some guys I know did it once and one ended up in hostpital after cutting his knuckles on the other guy's teeth. It got badly infected and he had to have pus drained out of it.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Olive said:
Some guys I know did it once and one ended up in hostpital after cutting his knuckles on the other guy's teeth. It got badly infected and he had to have pus drained out of it.

Well, yeah. I shouldn't think anyone would need to be told that cuts have to be tended to.

Olive

Explorer
Teflon Billy said:
Well, yeah. I shouldn't think anyone would need to be told that cuts have to be tended to.

No, but you know, it left me with a bad impression of fight clubs. I'm sure you can understand why...

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Teflon Billy said:
Frankly, I like the Darwinian aspects of letting people figure that out for themselves...

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
Wayside said:
What I am getting here is that you think Tyler's program for the world is the "point" of the movie, yes? It sounds like you know about twenty kids who seriously base their entire life on their misinterpretation of that movie. I've met a few of those guys, so I sympathize.
Indeed, Fight Club is at heart a dark comedy, not a program in philosophy.

That said, this is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time . . .

:cool:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I'm amazed how well Fight Club did financially considering how strongly they tried to discourage word-of-mouth... - Mark Clover (CreativeMountainGames.com)

Last edited:

Remove ads