Fight Club

Starman

Adventurer
Mark said:
I'm amazed how well Fight Club did financially considering how strongly they tried to discourage word-of-mouth... - Mark Clover (CreativeMountainGames.com)

It didn't do well. It barely made half of its budget here in the states. I don't know how well it did overseas or how DVD sales have been, but I can't imagine that they were enough to break even.

Starman

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
Erekose said:
The book is very good but I prefer the more optimistic ending in the film . . . ;)
Woah. Now I gotta read the book.

I take it that the book isn't fundamentally a love story like the film?

I am Jack's wasted life.

Staffan

Legend
According to IMDB, Fight Club is estimated to have had a budget of about $63M, and grossing a total of $37M in the US and $71M non-US. It also has listings for a couple of other countries (UK, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Singapore, Hungary), and I'm not sure if they're also counted in the generic "non-US".

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
Here's something else about Fight Club: it is the counter to Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood.

A friend's mother was cheerfully giving everyone "Ya Ya" names one day. She asked me for my birthdate or some such info in order to give me a "Ya Ya" name. I was on to her and replied, "in Project Mayhem we have no names."

Starman

Adventurer
Staffan said:
According to IMDB, Fight Club is estimated to have had a budget of about $63M, and grossing a total of $37M in the US and $71M non-US. It also has listings for a couple of other countries (UK, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Singapore, Hungary), and I'm not sure if they're also counted in the generic "non-US".

Well, I'm glad it did better than I though overseas. That's good. I just wish it had gotten more recognition here in the states.

Starman

mojo1701

First Post
Gentlegamer said:
A friend's mother was cheerfully giving everyone "Ya Ya" names one day. She asked me for my birthdate or some such info in order to give me a "Ya Ya" name. I was on to her and replied, "in Project Mayhem we have no names."

Nice.

IronWolf

blank
Gentlegamer said:

:D I bet she loved that!

Teflon Billy

Explorer
The fact that Tyler's crusade (Project Mayhem) was not supposed to be a popular concept with the viewing public (and was, I think, just a way for Jack's subconscious to deal with the fact that he couldn't talkt o Marla), does nothing to change the fact that Tyler himself was absolutely chock-a-block full fo usefull insights for the modern man.

• This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

• :):):):) off with your sofa units and serine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... let's evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

• :):):):) damnation, man! :):):):) redemption! We are God's unwanted children? So be it!

• First you have to give up, first you have to *know*... not fear... *know*... that someday you're gonna die.

• You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your :):):):)ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

• You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

• On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

• You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen.

If none of that rings true to you on any level, then I guess we are just not of the same Generation/Tribe/Cloth/whatever.

The whole thing changed me.

Remove ads