• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fire! (Dunamin judging)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Ts'iri and Soldier

As the cold cobbles hit the tiefling's skin, she jerks awake and notices that she's naked. She leaps to her feat and begins screaming at you in Abyssal. Bystanders recoil from the hellish fury. As you raise your hands placatingly, she slaps your hand away and stalks off into an alley - she seems to think you're some sort of pervert.

Some people. No gratitude.

[sblock=Ts'iri]
Some of the words she uses seem oddly familiar - you have a feeling you've been cursed out in Abyssal before. It doesn't bring back any concrete memories, though.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Taking Soldier's Athletics roll as a Secondary. With the +2 from that, and the +2 left over from Armor of Agathys, that's 34. Man, what a waste of a critical!

Well, success for Ts'iri anyway.
[/sblock]

Callen and Galinndan

As some of the sludge dissolves, water starts trickling out of the pipe, but slowly - something is still blocking it. Impatient, you give the pipe a thump, and water spurts out in a glittering arc, carrying with it a glittering coin. Someone must have tossed into the fountain years ago and, and it got stuck in the works.

You scoop up the coin to make sure it isn't sucked back in, and realize it's not gold - it's platinum!

The bucket line quickly shifts to use this closer source of fresh, clear water, greatly improving its efficiency. This area of the fire is almost out!

[sblock=OOC]
No problem using this for Primary. Not everything can be flashy! (Although I have some cool ideas for Arcana use; if you make a Secondary roll I can give suggestions...) Success for Callen and Galinndan.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Challenge 1: 5 of 12 successes / 0 of 3 failures
Challenge 2: 6 of 10 successes / 0 of 3 failures

Everybody's in the main square at this point.

Acted:
Mri'Thas
Solon
Solitaire
Kama'zer
Galinndan
Soldier
Callen
Ts'iri

Yet to act:
Goeth

I'm still waiting on an Arcana check from Mri'Thas to identify the mysterious box he's holding.
[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I think 34 is enough for 2 successes if I take 17 for this check and 17 for the next... :p;) I'm sure I'll be rolling single digits all too soon.[/sblock]

FishXXIII

First Post
Goeth's glare only gets more intense but he affixes his eyes to the ground, focusing on helping his brother on their fire brigade activities.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Good ideas Galinndan, I like the way you think. Got any others?" says Callen taking stalk of the situation.

[sblock=occ]that Arcana roll looks quite tempting.

arcana, secondary roll (1d20+10=12)

lets hope thats enough for the secondary roll so that Callen can give Galinndan ideas for his Arcana roll[/sblock]

DoublePayBack

First Post
"Good ideas Galinndan, I like the way you think. Got any others?" says Callen taking stalk of the situation.

Galinndan looks for a moment at the arc of water which is slowly putting out some of the flames. He strokes his chin slowly while deep in thought and says aloud, "There must be a way we can divert this flow of liquid to the other parts of the square. Possibly some piping or a large movable container." He looks around him at the debris and notices a charred narrow bent piece of copper approximately 6' in length which had once decorated the rooftop of a nearby shop. The piece of metal rests on top of a pile about 15 feet from Callen and Galinndan. Galinndan grabs his wand and begins waving it above his head. A small ghostlike cloud begins to emerge near the charred piece of metal. The cloud begins to grow and form the shape of a hand which grasps the metal from the top of the debris and begins to move it towards the arc of water. Galinndan has a look of intense concentration on his face as he adjusts the position of the metal to just under the far reaching part of the arc. The V of the bend faces upward to form a channel. The water from the arc begins to fall into the V and flow slowly out the other end. Galinndan sweeps the far end of the metal back and forth slowly over the remaining flames in the area the metal can reach. "Something like this", Galinndan exclaims. "If we can find someway to extend the reach of the water it would be faster than hauling buckets. If we only had some way we could move larger quantities of water we would have this out in no time. If we had a movable platform or something we could set a large heavy pipe or barrel on that might work too."

[sblock=OOC Roll]I am not sure what check you would want this to fall under. I will roll and then you can let me know what you think this should fall under. I rolled a 16.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Seen the crow returning to labor, the gith leaves the scene, focusig on the fire again.
Standing aoutside a building in flames, the wizard search his memories. "Water is the limiting resource of fire extinguisher. We certainly need another source of water, or another resource." Then, a spark of knowledge stroke his head "Dirt! We are standing on a great fire extinguisher resource!" he proclaims. "Quickly, take a shovel and start throwing dirt and sand to the flames!"

Olling Knowledge nature: 27

Remove ads