Fishing for Interest - FR/Planescape game

Wow... lots more interested people than I thought there would be...

I can probably handle 5, maybe 6, but I am afraid 9 is beyond my abilities. :)

Give me a day or two and let me see what I can do.... :)

I will keep an alternatives list, first-come-first-serve order in case someone stops playing, vanishes from the boards, gets tired of the game, etc. :)

Once again a reminder - I won't be starting the game until after my move and the end of classes for me (probably 2nd week of May). I will be happy to read over character concepts before then, though - I can put up a RG thread sometime this weekend.

Ghostknight

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
I will keep an alternatives list, first-come-first-serve order in case someone stops playing, vanishes from the boards, gets tired of the game, etc. :)

Once again a reminder - I won't be starting the game until after my move and the end of classes for me (probably 2nd week of May). I will be happy to read over character concepts before then, though - I can put up a RG thread sometime this weekend.

Sounds good to me. A question here is, can we make use of Savage SPecies, many of the races in there make sense for a Planar campaign?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I had a different question; who exactly is in the first cut so we might know who should and shouldn't be leaping to make characters. My second question might be, what are the character creation rules? 3.0 or 3.5? Level? Stat generation? Books allowed to be used? How will hit point be done?

Information

Sorry people, I've been busy. :uhoh: Okay, here's what we have:

Final cut:
Keia
Paxus Asclepius
Uriel
Cannibal Kender
silentspace

Waiting List:
Isida Kep'Tukari
Ghostknight
rangerjohn
Zerth
Dark Nemesis
Temujin

I hated to cut people, but I think that 5 is my limit to start. I may add more later, depends on how the campaign goes...

Character Creation/Campaign Information:
~ Level 13 (including ECLs, although I do allow Savage Species and the "racial level" option therein).
~ 3.5 Rules
~ Books: Core books, all FR books, Savage Species, Manual of the Planes, Deities & Demigods, Faiths & Pantheons. Any other books: please request, letting me know why you want them and I will approve on a case-by-case basis. I will be using the epic-level handbook when/if the PCs reach that level.
~ Hit points: 1/2 of each HD (3 on a d6).
~ Stats: use the stat generation method on DMG pg 169. Use 40 points, as that most closely (on average) approx the 4d6 drop lowest, reroll 1s method that I prefer in face-to-face gaming.
~ I am planning a game that will go into epic levels, wherein the characters will be making multiverse-altering choices. :] Just a warning....
~ I request a character background for each character. Doesn't have to be all-inclusive, or very long - just clear and understandable. :) Also, a detailed physical & personality description. Included must be the diety your character worships, if any.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
How are you dealing with item creation feats? (pay xps, half gold cost, work together with other players, etc?)

starting gold? (As per 13th level?)

Any Cohorts from leadership?

Psionics?

I'm thinking of a spellcaster, probably arcane, though I'm not positive yet . . .

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to cover all the bases before I start the concept work. :)

Keia

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
How do you feel about a pseudodragon? I know my character choices seem a little odd, but it's always seemed to me that, for a setting swimming with archmages of every imaginable variety, Faerun is rather short on familiars, and I'd like to try playing the other side of that equation: a former familiar (or, if you'd permit, and another character is willing, a current familiar).

Remove ads