Fishing for Interest - FR/Planescape game

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Paxus, I know I'm not even on the current list, but I have an idea. I have made a 12th level 3.5 wizard with a pseudodragon familiar for two different games that have bombed out. I would love a chance to seriously play her, and her pseudodragon is very important in her life. (You've seen her Paxus, she's Quillia, the sample character for Vasorn.) So... I thought I'd throw that out there, even though I'm really not here and stuff.

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Well, at least I am high on the list of aletrnates. Guess I'm going to just have to lurk until such time as I can get in. As a result I will wait to see the party mix before venturing forth with a character - rather create something to help cover party weaknesses when the time comes (Hey, after twenty four odd years of roleplaying I am happy to play anything!)

Zerth

First Post
I'm not even high on the alternates list, but like Isida, I also have a character concept ready. If by some twist of fate I had a chance to later play in this one, I'd love to have another (third, actually) chance to play a githzerai monk. I can easily post the stats and appearance, some tweaking is only needed for making him 13th level. But I'll hold my horses and lurk until or if there's really a chance to get in.

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
I'm probably gonna go for a paladin.

Is stuff from Book of Exalted Deeds ok? I don't know if thats considered core or not.

Also, how about Complete Warrior?

Last edited:

Long post, but here goes... :)

Keia said:
How are you dealing with item creation feats? (pay xps, half gold cost, work together with other players, etc?)

starting gold? (As per 13th level?)

Any Cohorts from leadership?

Psionics?
Item creation feats - as in you creating items for your character to start? Or commissioning custom magic items? (Not sure I know what it is you want to know). If you are playing a character with item creation feats and you want to create items for yourself, that is fine - but you will have to subtract the xp spent from the total for 13th level.

Starting gold as per 13th level.

Cohorts from Leadership are fine, go as per the DMG rules except as follows: You play the cohort, and the cohort gets no XP of it's own. You can 'donate' your XP to the cohort, however.

I consider Psionics part of the Core. However, I have just purchased the Expanded Psionics Handbook and will be using that once I have a chance to look it over. Also, just to clarify, I use the psionics-mage transparentesy rule (they are treated as the same for dispel magic, etc).

Paxus Asclepius said:
How do you feel about a pseudodragon? I know my character choices seem a little odd, but it's always seemed to me that, for a setting swimming with archmages of every imaginable variety, Faerun is rather short on familiars, and I'd like to try playing the other side of that equation: a former familiar (or, if you'd permit, and another character is willing, a current familiar).
I haven't a problem with thi at all. I've always enjoyed the 'liberated familiar' concept. :)

Cannibal_Kender said:
I'm probably gonna go for a paladin.

Is stuff from Book of Exalted Deeds ok? I don't know if thats considered core or not.

Also, how about Complete Warrior?
(I know you changed your mind on the character concept, but in case anyone else is wondering...)

BoED and Complete Warrior - I allow most of the material, but not all of it. I would have to know what it is that you would want to use to build your character (there are some classes, spells, and feats I don't use, and i would take me quite a while to go through all the books and list everything:eek: ).

Also, as a warning to all of you - if no one uses the BoED, I won't use the BoVD. :]

silentspace said:
I'm thinking of a halfling mystic theurge :)
That would be fine. :) If you have it, Races Of Faerun has some info on halflings.

silentspace said:
Goddess FallenAngel, what do you think about UA Wizard Domains?
Unfortunately, that is one book I do not have, so I have to say no (as I can't read them). Sorry...

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Paxus, I know I'm not even on the current list, but I have an idea. I have made a 12th level 3.5 wizard with a pseudodragon familiar...
Isida & Paxus - I had a really hard time deciding between 5 or 6 people. Since you are next in line on the waiting list, if you and Paxus can work something out that you will both enjoy, I think I can handle 1 more.

Also, on another note - I am graduating from college on the 30th. Also, on Monday the 26th, I am loading a moving van with the contents of my apartment and driving to Indianapolis from Mid-Michigan. As such, I will be out of touch for at least 1 week. The first week of May I should have access to an Internet connection, but it will be a bit sporadic until probably the 2nd week in May when I get everything together. Just a warning that I will not be posting again for at least 1 week. I will attempt to check in before then, but I can't promise. :)

*This note posted in both threads to be sure everyone sees it*

Last edited:

Remove ads