• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

Memnus

First Post
Dumeldein: large city (48180)

Human 84%
Dwarf 6%
Halfling 3%
Elf 2%
Other (half-elf, gnome, half-orc) 5%

Dumeldein is the largest city and capitol of Mittendein. The majority of the trade from outside the kingdom has its ultimate destination here. The stone walls of the city rise a full fifty feet from the ground, and not a single flaw is evident in their Dwarven construction. At the center of the city stands the mighty Castle Mittendien, home of the Kaiser and royal family, along with sprawling temples to Adenan Stronghand, Prosimus, and Os. The great walls have gates to the north, sout, east, and west, and the gates are always open except in times of emergency that have not been seen in many years.

The main entrance to the city is to the west. Here, just inside the wall, is the bustling Traders' Plaza, a wide cobbled courtyard where merchants from around Aerde can be found plying their wares. Three huge gates and six towers here are always manned with a full contingent of guards, and duty at the Traders' Gate is one of the most respected positions in the Mittendienish army. Just east of the Traders' Plaza is the smaller, but just as lively, Bards' Plaza, mecca of every artist in the Kingdom.

At the center of town is the Kaiser's Plaza, a wide circle of open ground decorated with the standards of the Kingdom and its greatest families. In the center of the plaza is a large fountain in the shape of a stag, the symbol of the ruling Holfdem family. The castle and temples all open onto this plaza.

East of the Kaiser's Plaza, a patch of green still flourishes within the city walls. Volksdien Park is maintained by a few druids and adepts that continually remind the rulers - rightly - that their might would not be possible without the blessing of the fertile Alderlands, and the park is kept within the city walls as a gesture of thanks. East from the park runs the tree-lined Volksdien Walk to the east gate of the city.

The richest and most opulent part of the city is the area just north or west of the castle. While there is not enough space within the city for the great families to have the sprawling manors favored in Mittendienish high culture, most families that can afford it maintain a mansion in this region. Along the wall in the northwest quarter are warehouses, and the rest of the north half of the city contains ordered rows of clean and decent houses, where the middle class of the city live and go about their lives.

In the souther quarter of the city, however, the order intended by the city's Dwarven designers is nowhere to be seen. Here, the small, rundown houses are built practically on top of each other, and the streets are close and windy. This area, known about town as the Warrens, takes up only a third of the city's land but houses over half of the population. Crowded as it is, though, poverty is only obvious in the deepest areas, and the guard usually maintains the peace.

For travellers not inclined to brave the depths of the city, a few inns and hostels have sprouted up on the roads just outside the city, within sight of the gates. At these houses, more than anywhere else in the Kingdom, an outsider can find a warm welcome and a strong ale; so diverse are the visitors here that one can often find humans, elves, dwarves, and even goblinoids and the small folk sharing the same tavern peacefully, a rare enough site in the rest of the kingdom.

Memnus

First Post
E, xp update: I've taken the Craft Wondrous Item feat, and used it on 600 gp worth of stuff. That reduces my xp total by 24.

:)

Arkhandus

First Post
Hey Em, below is Argus' level-up and downtime-expense info.
Reached 5th-level. Gained 1st-level as Barbarian. Gained +9 HP (total 41), +1 BAB (total +3), +5 skill points. Put 1 rank into Climb, 3 into Jump, 1 into Wilderness Lore. Gained Rage 1/day and Fast Movement +10' class abilities. Abandoned holly/mistletoe druidic focus, cleric vestment, and animal companion Jade. Spent remaining precious stones (20 gp worth) for 2 months of Meager upkeep and 4 months of Self-Sufficient upkeep, retaining 2 gp, for a total of 2 gp, 6 gp, and 8 cp remaining.
There.

Last edited:

Emiricol

Well, he RPd the loss of monk well enough :) I'm allowing it (not that I usually tell players what they can or can't take anyway).

Game room open!

Server: Better Games Public Server
Room: T13K For More Than Glory
Password: "emiricol" (without the quotes)

Game time starts at 6pm Pacific.

firehorse

First Post
Emiricol said:
Well, he RPd the loss of monk well enough :) I'm allowing it (not that I usually tell players what they can or can't take anyway).

Game room open!

Server: Better Games Public Server
Room: T13K For More Than Glory
Password: "emiricol" (without the quotes)

Game time starts at 6pm Pacific.

Hey, works for me.... But did he drop Druid or Monk? Seems to me he dropped Druid.

Arkhandus

First Post
Correction: Monks need to be lawful. Barbarians need to be simply non-lawful. Druids need to be some neutral alignment. Argus shifted alignment away from lawfulness and multiclassed into barbarian, losing the capacity to ever again progress as a monk, but retaining his existing monkish abilities. He lost faith in his training at the Monastery of the Four Winds, and that included his druidic teachings. He also lost faith in Talina.... He cannot progress further as a druid and has lost his druidic abilities, but may revoke the penalties later if he ever regains faith and receives atonement. Not looking too likely in the foreseeable future, but then again, neither were these circumstances. ;)

Emiricol

I caved under pressure of parental guilt-tripping and agreed to go to dinner at my folks' house (it being a 3-day weekend, I can't claim tiredness as an excuse).

So, the game is cancelled for tonight. Sorry guys :(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads