• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

firehorse

First Post
I don't think your new PCs would know Fahlias is a follower of Trandim, unless he wears Trandim's holy symbol openly....though his half-silver-dragon nature will be obvious and probably offensive/aggression-provoking to the lizardfolk....

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any reason for a Dracon Boyaris to be adventuring outside Paludosus, unless he were just on a mission in an enemy country to destroy something or someone there. I don't think there's any reason he could really be hanging out with a bunch of humans, their gnome, and their half-dragon traipsing about in the North and Middle lands doing random stuff.

Actually, the fact that Fahlias is a follower of Trandim is kind of the angle I'm going for as to why a DB character would join the party. A while back Zerash brokered a meeting between Naeron and Trandim and I'm working on building upon that as to why he would be there. Possibly something along the lines of Naeron, with his changed focus on patience and knowledge rather than slaughter, wishing to bring some of his creations back into the fold (i.e. Fahlias' eventual adversary). Another option might be, at your approval, Naeron and Trandim could possibly be feeling each other out to form a treaty. Either way, the DB and his cleric cohort could be on a mission from the Church of Naeron to these ends.

Minus finding a plausible explanation why a DB would be joining the party, I could just as easily not take the PrCl and make him straight fighter.

I'm also considering making the Cleric the main PC with the DB/Fighter the cohort. The Cleric could take on the Knowledge/War aspects like Zerash so the conflicts with Trandim's follower would be minor and add to the banter.

Any suggestions and direction is welcome.

firehorse

First Post
Chariots and double chariots (two-person chariots) are in the Arms & Equipment Guide. If you're thinking of one for your new PC and his cohort, you'd need a double.

"Double Chariot: Large Vehicle, Handle Animal +2 (for controlling the vehicle, which gives +2 on the Handle Animal checks for that purpose), Speed: drawn (poor) (speed of the horses or whatever draws it along, with poor maneuverability), Overall HP 80 (hardness 5), Overall AC 4, Ram 4d6 (damage dealt if it rams into something at full speed), Face 10 ft. by 5 ft. (probably just a 10x10 ft. space in 3.5; it's roughly 10 feet long and 5 feet wide), Height 5 ft., Crew 1 (plus 1 passenger), Weight 600 lbs., Cost 400 gp

Occupants of a double chariot gain one-half cover (in 3.5 that's just cover I think) behind 2 inches of wood (hp 20, hardness 5). Two light warhorses harnessed abreast can pull the chariot at a speed of 60 feet. By swerving the chariot, the driver can have it follow behind either horse (this choice doesn't count as movement)."

Note that the cost of the horses is not factored into the chariot's cost (since different animals or different kinds of horses could be used, light warhorses are just the norm for a double chariot).

I found information in the 3.0 Sword and Fist that was similar and also has the feats (almost identical to the Mounted Combat Feats). I'll type something up for your approval. I'm probably going to have two chariots with charioteers (the higher level followers) driving, one for the Fighter and the other for the Cleric.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Well, Fahlias doesn't have a real problem with lizardfolk, despite their god. He just has a problem with Naeron's other children. As long as a cleric of Naeron isn't really preachy, Fahlias doesn't care too much. He did get along with Zerash reasonably well, after all.

And it would make for some interesting RP.

firehorse

First Post
Well, Fahlias doesn't have a real problem with lizardfolk, despite their god. He just has a problem with Naeron's other children. As long as a cleric of Naeron isn't really preachy, Fahlias doesn't care too much. He did get along with Zerash reasonably well, after all.

And it would make for some interesting RP.

Good to know. He won't be any more preachy than Zerash was. Just need to find an explanation why they would be there in the first place.

firehorse

First Post
EDITED 1/22/09

I think I've finally settled on the new character/cohort combo.

I had too much trouble trying to incorporate the Dracon Boyaris PrCl (I mainly just liked the armor anyway), so I'm going with a 13th level Lizardfolk Cleric of Naeron (War, Knowledge) with a Lizardfolk 5/4 Fighter/Bound Warrior of Naeron (from the Paludosis Gazetteer, same as Templar) protector and cohort. Both as a team will make, in my opinion, a good front line with the added spell power of the Cleric.

I've also decided against the whole chariot thing. It wastes too many feats without enough added benefit.

Anyway, I will continue to work on it and should have both on paper by next week. (If you haven't figured it out already, it is a bit of a process with me to develop a character...)

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Awesome, we're going to have some dedicated front-liners. Now Fahlias can play more with making pincushions :). Time to get that Icy Burst Longbow... However, I have a question for everyone...

Would any of you mind me letting the new players for my campaign lurk on our game(s)? It would only bethe next two or three... I'd like them to see how a game is run on OpenRPG, since a few of them are new to using the program.

firehorse

First Post
Alright, done...

My new character is Szitha Hsst'ath, a 13th level Cleric of Nearon with his cohort/brother Szenthras Hsst'ath (see my previous post).

Everything is done except for Szitha's treasure/equipment. I'll send them to you during the game Ark.

Remove ads