• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[For Scott Rouse] Is there going to be a Feat Compendium for 3.5?

Tewligan

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
I can't figure out why we won't get a Feat Compendium. I'd think it's a no-brainer.

A rules compendium, on the other hand, doesn't seem like such a good idea, especially with 4e already tying its running shoes.
Why is a Feat Compendium a better idea than a Rules Compendium? They'd both be rules rather than fluff, and both equally out of date when 4e hits.

JustKim

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
I can't figure out why we won't get a Feat Compendium. I'd think it's a no-brainer.
I can think of a few reasons.
Many of the feats out there build on concepts spread across dozens of books. You can't easily include incarnum feats, because folks who've never used incarnum will be confused by references to essentia pools. Someone who hasn't used psionics may take a psionic feat without realizing what psionic focus actually is. Another feat gives you additional skill tricks- okay, what are those?
If the collection is only convenient to people who already have all the books, then what's the point? You have a very limited selection of feats and outside oddities like the chameleon PrC, you can't change them. So it's not even going to reduce the number of books you need to carry to the game.

It might also be difficult to organize, given that most feats are general, so you would have to go into the book knowing exactly what you were looking for.

But I suspect the bottom line is that market research has revealed a book on feats isn't a hot seller.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
joela said:
Thanks, Mr. Rouse.

Well, time for me to roll up my sleeves and create my own personal feats spreadsheet.

[Looks over the stacks of books, both by WotC and third-party.] Sigh :(

Or you could just use the already MASSIVE, excellent, and free Netbook of Feats.

joela said:
Thanks, Mr. Rouse.

Well, time for me to roll up my sleeves and create my own personal feats spreadsheet.

[Looks over the stacks of books, both by WotC and third-party.] Sigh :(
amaril said:

I vote he saves himself even more time, and take advantage of the work that was done back in May of this year putting it into an Excel sheet already....
http://www.creativemountaingames.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3

joela

First Post
net

jdrakeh said:
Or you could just use the already MASSIVE, excellent, and free Netbook of Feats.

thanks, james. i was aware of the site. the reason i'm working on the spreadsheet is to help my players when picking feats for their pcs. unlike dms, none of them are willing to wade through pages of feats on-line. :(

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
joela said:
unlike dms, none of them are willing to wade through pages of feats on-line. :(

You could always print the PDF version of the Netbook, right? I do hear you, though -- players are non-commital bastards! ;)

joela

First Post
pdf

jdrakeh said:
You could always print the PDF version of the Netbook, right? I do hear you, though -- players are non-commital bastards! ;)

but how am i going to incorporate all the other feats out there?

hmmm. time to buy the full-version of that adobe product...? :p

Carnivorous Ape

First Post
crazy_cat said:
Give in to your disappointment, and your frustration at the spaces on those shelves. Look to the other new books to fill those gaps, feel the true power of the new edition. Then, your journey to the dark side will be complete.....

Surely the dark side needs to be, you know, seductive and stuff? 4E is just not giving me any of those temptation vibes. :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads