Forest of Doom pbp (full 5/5)

S'mon

Legend
I'd love to, but I'm moving in about a month and will be unable to get online during the move.
What do you think is the timeline on this adventure?
I'd like to play a martial class, specifically a regular, player's handbook Paladin of Tyr[Libra] (though I could settle for a Fighter). I'd be happy to be the suitor or good friend to Lirael, your mock up Sorceress.

I could also play a Warlock or a Scout, were it necessary I was not a Paladin. I'll draw up a character sheet using your recommended character sheet style.

Hi Sekhmet - my rough gameplan is that Forest of Doom should run for around 3 months, to mid/late October, with the possibility of continuing on another adventure next year; or continuing the same one if things have gone slower than expected. Traditionally late October into November is when my work gets too busy for much gaming.

I'd prefer Paladin to Warlock or Scout, which are not in the SRD - I do have PHB2 but I'm restricting the game to the core classes here. A suitor of Lirael sounds good, Pallies have high CHA. :)

Cor Azer

First Post
Hi Cor - you're only my 2nd expression of interest, so plenty of room. :D
Human Fighter would be excellent. I suggest you PM me your draft PC, I now have a sample PC sheet up at S'mon's Forest of Doom Game Blog which you can use, and a potential companion NPC, Lirael the Sorceress, who could be a friend, lover or relative of your PC.

Note that the blog has links on the right to the ENW IC and OOC threads.

PM sent with Paaq "Red Pocket", human fighter.

S'mon

Legend
You can track which PCs have been accepted here

So far 2 have been accepted, and 2 more mooted (Kip the Rogue, and a Ranger, probably female). If I get one more completed PC accepted by tomorrow I will start the game then, but allow for 2 more to join later, as I said.

You can track which PCs have been accepted here

I PM'ed it to you, but here's my character app here, as well:

Thanks for the chance to apply! :)

Name: Jonath Cailan

Class: Rogue
Level: 1
Sex: M
Race: Human

Alignment: CG

Appearance: Tall and whip-thin, Jonath has sandy brown hair and bright, hazel eyes. His skin is well-tanned from months spent out on the open ocean, and his gait has the characteristic roll common to shorebound sailors.

Background & Personality: [sblock]Obviously a sailor by trade, Jonath found himself put ashore in the town of Stonebridge when his ship's merchant sponsor defaulted on several large loans, causing the ship and all its cargo to be seized by the authorities as collateral. Compounding Jonath's misery, the cash which should have been used to pay off the crew was instead taken to pay off the merchant's bad loans. With the heavy autumn trading season drawing rapidly to a close, Jonath was unable to find a berth on an outbound vessel, forcing him to spend a singularly unpleasant winter in Silverton. In order to avoid complete destitution, Jonath was forced to sell off the few treasures he had collected on his voyages at ruinous discounts. Come the spring thaw, he made his way upriver to the town of Chalice, hoping to find a ship which had wintered there and was in need of some hands, hoping to bargain his way aboard her and use her to escape back to the blue-water sailing he was more used to. Unable to find such a ship, Jonath began hiring out his blade, and soon found himself drawn to the possibiliies of land-bound adventure.

Jonath is a normally cheerful fellow, filled with the vigor of youth. He has a natural gift for languages: he picked up the Aquan tongue from a priest of Solinthar on a single voyage, and largely taught himself the language of dwarves because "it had the best swear words."[/sblock]

Stats:[sblock]
STR 14
DEX 16
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 12
CHA 8[/sblock]

Hit Points: 8 (6 + 2 Con)

Feats: Combat Expertise, Improved Disarm

Skills (Ranks):[sblock] Balance (4), Bluff (4), Disable Device (4), Hide (4), Jump (4), K. (Local) (1), Listen (4), Move Silently (4), Open Lock (2), P. (Sailor) (1), Search (4), Spot (4), Tumble (4)[/sblock]

Spells & Powers: Roguish good looks, rapier-sharp wit, dazzling rapier skill

Weapons:[sblock]
Rapier (+2, 1d6+2, 18/x2)
Dagger, Dagger (Cold Iron) (+2, 1d4+2, 19/x2)
Dagger, Dagger (Cold Iron) (Thrown) (+3, 1d4+2, 19/x2)
Shortbow (+3, 1d6, 20/x3)[/sblock]

Armour & Armour Class: Leather; N: 15; FF: 12; T: 13

Other Equipment: [sblock]Backpack, bedroll, bell, caltrops, chalk, fishhooks and line, flint and steel, rations (4 days), silk rope (50' length), signal whistle, sewing needles and thread, waterskin (2), traveler's outfit, thieves' tools, 1.5gp[/sblock]​

Last edited:

S'mon

Legend
Currently 4 PCs approved:

1. Name: Paaq, "Red Pocket"
Class: Fighter
Level:1
Sex: Male
Appearance: Broad of jaw, shoulder, and more than slightly of stomach, with unkempt, stringy black hair, Paaq is hardly the dashing soldier, but a smile is rarely far from his mouth, and his blue-green eyes invite playful words from more than a few ladies. He typically wears a dull brown surcoat, with a single red pocket sewn on, over either mail or tunic, with pack, cloak, and baldric for sword and shield slung over his back.

2. Name: Eric Harper, Arbiter
Class: Paladin of Libra
Sex: Male
Race: Man
Appearance: A fairly attractive man, with short, brown hair and blue-gray eyes. He is 6'1", weighs 190
pounds, broad shouldered. He lacks the typical scars found on most warriors. He is usually stern,
but he does have slight "smile" wrinkles that betray his generally happy nature.

3. Name: “Kip” - Roxanne Kipwell
Sex: M (Really F) - The other PCs think she's a male youth called Kip.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Appearance: Tall, thin as a rail. Dark black hair, cut roughly and short (with her own dagger), brown eyes.

4. Name: Jonath Cailan
Sex: M
Appearance: Tall and whip-thin, Jonath has sandy brown hair and bright, hazel eyes. His skin is well-tanned from months spent out on the open ocean, and his gait has the characteristic roll common to shorebound sailors.

5. Name: Lirael the Sorceress (Companion NPC)
Class: Sorcerer
Sex: Female
________

I'm giving my friend Roxy until tomorrow morning to submit a 5th PC, so right now that means there may be no further openings; any more PC submissions I get now will go on the waiting list.

I'll officially start the game tomorrow, but if your PC jas been accepted you are free to post your IC response to the intro post on the IC thread here.

S'mon

Legend
I know the above party lineup does not look terribly min-maxed, but I'm a lot happier with it than I would have been with a party made up mostly of Clerics & Druids plus a Wizard (biding his time), I can tell you. :)

Cor Azer

First Post
I know the above party lineup does not look terribly min-maxed, but I'm a lot happier with it than I would have been with a party made up mostly of Clerics & Druids plus a Wizard (biding his time), I can tell you. :)

Non-optimized parties are fun as long as everyone participates.

Remove ads