• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Forge of Fury 5e (Roll20) campaign recaps

Nebulous

Legend
So we started Forge of Fury some months back just before quarantine started. I didn't know Roll20 at all and had resisted online play for years because A) I prefer in person, and B) I didn't want to learn a new difficult system (hint; Roll20 is difficult and I was right, it took me four weeks at least to get the hang of it and I'm still learning). BUT, I did get the hang of it over time, and it's actually quite fun. For those of you that run both FG and/or Rolll20, I have both, and I have a much harder time using FG than Roll20.

This is our first session. I think we are about halfway through the module as of now.

Session #1 The Mountain Door of Khundrukar

Box

Jesus man, you just threw the whole dungeon at them!

I know the adventure suggests doing that if the Orcs are alerted, but I would have used discretion.

Ulfe and the Dire wolf alone are a killer threat for 3rd level PCs. Let alone with a dozen Orcs with them AND after dealing with the bridge and half a dozen more Orcs.

This is going to be a TPK unless you do something.

Nebulous

Legend
Jesus man, you just threw the whole dungeon at them!

I know the adventure suggests doing that if the Orcs are alerted, but I would have used discretion.

Ulfe and the Dire wolf alone are a killer threat for 3rd level PCs. Let alone with a dozen Orcs with them AND after dealing with the bridge and half a dozen more Orcs.

This is going to be a TPK unless you do something.
It gets much worse next couple sessions and they end up retreating three times. Yes, I was trying to kill someone and it totally worked. They told me later this was one of the most humbling scenarios they've ever been through.

It gets much worse next couple sessions and they end up retreating three times. Yes, I was trying to kill someone and it totally worked. They told me later this was one of the most humbling scenarios they've ever been through.

What? Why?

Why would anyone want to play in games you run ever again?

Remove ads