Forked Thread: Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5 Continued

Scotley

Hero
Jillian shakes her head. "Nope! But there is this nice gold sphere held by this naga." She then procedes to examine the naga more closely both with her eyes and like any good rogue with her hands. Once she has done a good search for traps, she prods the painting with her fingers.

Finding no traps, Jillian discovers that her fingers go right through an illusory veil covering a tunnel cut into the stone. The shaft would require all but the smallest members of the group to crawl were they inclined to follow it and see where it goes. Even the more diminutive among you will be forced to duck down. The shaft leads west starting from near the north end of the western wall of the room. After about 10' the tunnel curves north.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Seeing the obvious desire in Ballista's eyes, Logan inspects the necklace again, and hands it to Ballista. "Here. Put that somewhere for safekeeping, would you, lass?" ;)

OOC: It occurs to Logan that diamonds are the required material component for a raising of the dead. This is knowledge he no doubt hopes will not be useful.

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76-10+3DR=69/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

"I certainly don't relish the thought of crawling through this hellish place on my hands and knees! What say the rest of you?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I agree. it would be very diffiult to get a good and proper swing winth my sword or defensive movement with my shield."

Arkhandus

First Post
Grackle says "Jill should check first to see if it safe. Maybe it leads to bigger room?" Then he walks a little closer to his familiar, muttering gibberish that vaguely resembles animal speech.

"It's okays now, Admiral! We stay safe an' wait here for now!" he tells the weasel in his gibberish. Grackle runs over to the weasel and chants a spell, surrounding them both in a globe of solid magic. Then he hugs the weasel, glad it's alright, and waits for Jill or the others to investigate the tunnel behind the illusion.

(ooc: Resilient Sphere for 9 minutes.)

Graybeard

Explorer
Zorn peers at the tunnel and considers it for a moment.

Looks like a good place for a trap. It would be very convenient for all of us to be inside and it collapses.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
perhaps then one at a time? is there some way to prevent the tunnel from collapsing while someone is crawling threough?

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76-10+3DR=69/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

Logan says, "Just a thought, but if someone could cast a Wall of Force, shape it into a tube and place it inside the tunnel, then we could crawl through the Wall of Force to the other side of the tunnel safely."

Last edited:

Remove ads