FR Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil - Agents of the Yaun-Ti(Full)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Oooo, I would totally love to get into this. I think Beguiler might be perfect for this. Always kinda wanted to try one. :)

Drerek

First Post
Dog Moon said:
Oooo, I would totally love to get into this. I think Beguiler might be perfect for this. Always kinda wanted to try one. :)

Good call, I had not thought of that. Maybe a Lurk would be fun too.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
I'm interested.

A couple of questions -- the evil pc's are working with the Yuan-ti, correct, they are not expected to BE yuan-ti?
You will be Yaun-Ti Tainted Ones.

This is a template (which I'll post tomorrow) that can be applied to humans, which effectively twists there personality so that they are loyal to and pursue Yaun-Ti goals, as well as giving them a few special abilities.

Don't worry about the level adjustment for this template, I'm pretty much going to ignore it and not factor it in to the equation. Also the template will be slighty different from the current versions of it.

~~~~

Also it should be noted that the four PC's will be inserted in differing parts of the complex and each PC should have some bent/inclination to each of the four elements.

So specifically I'm recruiting for four PC's to fit into the four elemental slots. (Air, Earth, Fire & Water) this will make it more plausible for your characters to have been 'recruited' by the four different elemental temples. It would also be useful if you can speak the appropriate elemental language. ;)

I will also be giving the option of the amphibious template to whoever is recruited for the water temple if they want it.

~~~~

Below is a list of the interested parties so far.

Beguiler - Dog Moon
Bard or Lurk - Drerek
Psion - Kinem

Dire Lemming

First Post
I've been intrigued by the Beguiler class when I heard of it, but I don't have the PHB2. :\ I've never played RttToEE though I have read some of the posts for some of the games on here, just the moathouse part. It'd be cool to play a manipulative mastermind type. The kind who bends enemies to his will rather than just [insert form of inflicting mortal harm]ing them. I've always said my evil mastermind motto would be, "I hate having someone killed, it's like anouncing to the world that you can't deal with a problem creativly." :p

So anyway, I guess a Bard or a Wizard. Or even a cleric of a neutralish god. I haven't decided yet though so if anyone has some ideas they can share that'd be great. Damn, I really wish I had the PHB2, the Beguiler seems perfect for it.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
I've been intrigued by the Beguiler class when I heard of it, but I don't have the PHB2. :\ I've never played RttToEE though I have read some of the posts for some of the games on here, just the moathouse part. It'd be cool to play a manipulative mastermind type. The kind who bends enemies to his will rather than just [insert form of inflicting mortal harm]ing them. I've always said my evil mastermind motto would be, "I hate having someone killed, it's like anouncing to the world that you can't deal with a problem creativly." :p
This adventure will be quite different from the usual hack n slash, so your concept sounds like it will fit in nicely. And yes the typical RttToEE adventure can be very combat heavy, particualarly when the PC's start closing in on the head bad guys. Saying that this adventure has lots of room for RP, which is why it won't be too hard to make it fit my revised concept.

Dire Lemming said:
So anyway, I guess a Bard or a Wizard. Or even a cleric of a neutralish god. I haven't decided yet though so if anyone has some ideas they can share that'd be great. Damn, I really wish I had the PHB2, the Beguiler seems perfect for it.
Beguiler is indeed very cool. Does the WoTC website have anything on it?

Regarding your other concepts all of them would work fine. However regarding cleric's, Yaun-Ti only follow Sseth (or various aspects of him) unless they have become renegades. As you will be working to further the Yaun-Ti cause, you'd have to worship Sseth.

However due to the complexities involved, it would be possible to serve Sseth while claiming to be an adherent of the Elder Elemental Eye (as long as you select some of the domains that the other clerics have access to). BTW Cleric in this game will have a lot more influence than other character types. Because the head honchos are all mad cultist (i.e. cleric's)

s@squ@tch

First Post
My submission will be a Rogue/Fighter (2/2) bent on becoming a full assassin.

Primary interest would be to infiltrate the Air temple, as "vanish into the wind" is a good modus operandi of an assassin.

Progression would be Rogue 3/Fighter 2, then hopefully be able to jump into assassin PrC.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
My submission will be a Rogue/Fighter (2/2) bent on becoming a full assassin.

Primary interest would be to infiltrate the Air temple, as "vanish into the wind" is a good modus operandi of an assassin.

Progression would be Rogue 3/Fighter 2, then hopefully be able to jump into assassin PrC.
Sounds good.

Rayex

First Post
I am thinking about a druid. Preferably within the Water temple.

Will I have access to any pools or such? Am thinking of a shark animal companion, and focusing mostly on aquatic shapeshifting.

If not, I might go the earth way. With bears and such.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Rayex said:
I am thinking about a druid. Preferably within the Water temple.

Will I have access to any pools or such? Am thinking of a shark animal companion, and focusing mostly on aquatic shapeshifting.

If not, I might go the earth way. With bears and such.
There are pools of water and a large lake but not in all places where the adventure will take place. So you shark animal animal companion would only be useful a limited number of times. Also getting your companion up to the mountains would be a challenge.

You can aim for the earth temple however at the moment there aren't any humans in that part of the temple, but there are still areas which have aligned themselves with the earth temple. Also if you were crafty enough you could consivably overthrow the existing leaders (troglodytes) and setup yourself up leader. Anything is possible!

Remove ads