• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FR Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil - Agents of the Yaun-Ti(Full)

Lord_Raven88

First Post
kinem said:
I have updated my above post with full stats.

LR88, Air seems a popular temple, so you could put Ken there if you want more traditional PC interaction, or put him anywhere else. I could tweak him a bit for whichever element.
Cool, thanks for that. BTW my preference is for the PC's to be in seperate area of the complex, that way everyone will have an opportunaty to shine as well as gather as much info/influence as possible.
kinem said:
Why is Air so popular?

Air: sounds cool
Earth: no humans
Water: hope you like to swim
Fire: hope you like to swim ... in magma!
I'm not sure why air is the most popular. Out of the four air is currently the weakest temple, while fire is the strongest. ;)

Regarding the fire and water temple you'll only get a chance to swim in the water temple, and that is only for a very small part of time. You have to remember that the temples are mostly populated by humans, so they need to be able to get around fairly easily.
kinem said:
BTW, if your campaign world will ever include high level psions, I'd suggest nerfing Energy Stun so that the DC only increases by 1 per 2 points of augmentation.
If any spell, psionic ability or feat seems 'too good' then I'd alter them on a case by case basis. Also you should expect for your characters to possibly reach 13th level.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Sent, if I don't really have to chose a temple, maybe I could be at the moathouse or someting instead, I don't know. Always wanted to talk down a dragon! :p I was thinking about it and seeing as how he used to be a normal half elf, perhaps he feels that it's now his duty to convert others to the Yaun-Ti cause and share their gift with them... or something. Of course he's gotta gain their trust first, so he's not going to be preaching or anything, that's just his motivatoin.

Drerek

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
I'm not sure why air is the most popular. Out of the four air is currently the weakest temple, while fire is the strongest. ;)

I was thinking of Air Temple mostly b/c my guy is a bard and I like that its near the Low Gate. I wouldn't mind the Fire Temple either. I'll be happy to work with DM and players both to set everything up right.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Drerek said:
I was thinking of Air Temple mostly b/c my guy is a bard and I like that its near the Low Gate. I wouldn't mind the Fire Temple either. I'll be happy to work with DM and players both to set everything up right.
It sounds like you're very familiar with this adventure :p

Drerek

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
It sounds like you're very familiar with this adventure :p

I'm the one with the Mad Hin character.

[sblock=Spoilers]
After Vori got Rastor and himself unaddicted, they took out the Air Temple and found the dwarven temple area which they returned to the dwarves. They have also taken out the Fire Temple and just killed the green dragon. Vori's eyes are now purple, he refers to himself as "we", talks to imaginary moths, has died once and is starting to refer to characters by the names of former characters who have died. :) He's a lot of fun.[/sblock]

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Please post your characters in the Rogues Gallery once they're all completed I'll choose the succesful group.

By my reckoning the following are interested inplaying in this game.

Drerek - Bresh (Bard 4)
s@squ@tch - Jerome Blackstone (Fighter2/Rogue2)
Kinem - Kenneth Spire (Psion4)

Rayex - Druid
Dire Lemming - Beguiler
Dog Moon - Beguiler

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Sorry about the delay. Storm on Sunday caused the electricity to go out and for some reason, the internet was also affected.

Oh man, two Beguilers facing off to see which, if either, will get one of the spots. Dun dun duuuun.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Dire Lemming said:
Sent, if I don't really have to chose a temple, maybe I could be at the moathouse or someting instead, I don't know. Always wanted to talk down a dragon! :p I was thinking about it and seeing as how he used to be a normal half elf, perhaps he feels that it's now his duty to convert others to the Yaun-Ti cause and share their gift with them... or something. Of course he's gotta gain their trust first, so he's not going to be preaching or anything, that's just his motivatoin.

Hey, IIRC, there is a nearby town to convert. :)

Or maybe it isn't that big. Or that nearby. Heh, don't have much knowledge about this adventure...

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Dog Moon said:
Sorry about the delay. Storm on Sunday caused the electricity to go out and for some reason, the internet was also affected.

Oh man, two Beguilers facing off to see which, if either, will get one of the spots. Dun dun duuuun.
Well! Now that I have had a good look at the Crater Ridge Mines there are eight possible locations in which the group (one of which is the earth temple) where the PC's can be located. So the maximum number of players I could take is seven. although I want to take less than that, so I don't want this to be too unmanagable.

So the group may end up with two Beguilers as you won't have to be placed in the same area.

Dog Moon said:
Dire Lemming said:
Sent, if I don't really have to chose a temple, maybe I could be at the moathouse or someting instead, I don't know. Always wanted to talk down a dragon! I was thinking about it and seeing as how he used to be a normal half elf, perhaps he feels that it's now his duty to convert others to the Yaun-Ti cause and share their gift with them... or something. Of course he's gotta gain their trust first, so he's not going to be preaching or anything, that's just his motivatoin.
Hey, IIRC, there is a nearby town to convert.

Or maybe it isn't that big. Or that nearby. Heh, don't have much knowledge about this adventure...
The interesting thing about this adventure is that while the three PC's at the temples will remain fairly stationary, the PC's posted in other locations will get the chance to leave the complex from time to time, including going to Homlett, Rastor, The Moathouse and the ToEE. :]

Remove ads