(FR) Silver Marches

I'm surprised by the lack of fuss surrounding these books as well. I love Lords of Darkness - I think the format it uses to describe organisations is THE BEST format yet and hope they'll carry the style over into other books.

As for Magic of Faerûn - I think it's the best magical supplement I own (and I own T&B, R&R, BoEM, BoEMII, EAI: Demonology, EAII: Necromancy and Spells and Spellcraft as well). I don't see how it's unbalanced compared to other magical supplements. Anything that adds more options to a class will of course make them more attractive and - as I've mentioned earlier - would love to see a "Swords of Faerûn" book focusing on all the fighting classes there, strategies, mercenary companies, guilds, arms trade etc. But I don't think the book is unbalanced in itself...

If I have to summarise what I like about MaoF in short:

- Very interesting prestige classes - lots with very generic uses (Incantatrix, Mage-Killer, Gnome Artificer, Master Alchemist etc.).
- Wonderful, wonderful artwork
- Truly great spell list - lots of spells for bards, paladins, rangers and druids as well - always a plus.
- Places of Power describes practically all the classical magical site in the necessary details - great for any campaign.
- Mageduel - finally a simple system for this. Love the concept.
- Spellfire: Always loved the concept and it seems they finally managed to do it in a way that doesn't unnecessarily upset balance. The entire Weave/Shadow Weave nature of Faerûnian magic makes it much more interesting than the traditional style IMO.

-Zarrock

Swack-Iron

First Post
Could someone with the book tell us about the Peerless Archer PrC? I've got a player in my game dying to find out about it.

Last edited:

Nebuchadnezzar

First Post
BTW, what is the consensus on Faiths and Pantheons? I'm considering buying it, but considering the nasty price, could use some advice. I did flip through it, and nearly ripped the book apart when I saw how Bane looked like an ogre!

Balsamic Dragon

First Post
I like it a lot. Not so much for the statistics and such, but for the descriptions of each faith's tenants and philosophy. Useful not only when building PC and NPC clerics, but also when working on local culture, which is affected by what religions are practiced.

I just ran a short FR adventure (3 sessions) in Tashalar (sp?). I am sure that my version is not close to "canon" because I am ignoring everything before 3E ('cause I don't own all the other FR stuff), but I based a lot of ideas in the game around the worship of Savras. All the information on Savras I got out of Faiths and Pantheons and I basically came up with the culture by asking myself how the wide-spead worship of a god of divination would affect them. I also did some neat interaction between the temples of Savras and Waukeen.

So, good player source book, great DM source book. I would recommend it :)

Balsamic Dragon

Obelix

First Post
So i'm wondering when we're supposed to start playing in your new campaign? We'll all have characters rolled up when we arrive. It would be nice if you'd say hello to all them home.

Salud from eastern europe

P.s.
Give me death punk baby!

Balsamic Dragon

First Post
Sure, you are more than welcome to join my new FR campaign, just hop a flight to the US, come by Somerville, Massachusetts and give us a call!

So long as you are not allergic to cats, there's always room for more players.

;)

BD

Remove ads