(FR) Silver Marches

Renshai

First Post
I don't have the book here with me, but the Peerless Archer seems like a cross between the Order of the Bow Init. and the Deepwood Sniper. He is also very adept at making bows...

As far as I saw there are no feats in the book... I didn't really mind though... I'm pretty much at my new feat limit for the time being... though the Epic Level feats are fun to read.

Eric is right, the Spellfire feat isn't all it is cracked up to be. It is actually fairly balanced and doesn't give the characters any great advantage.

As far as the Prestige Classes I've run for a couple of them and haven't seen any problems with game balance... although I do have a player making an Incantrix.... I know people have said the class has balance issues... I do usually wait until I see it in play before making a judgement like that.

Back to Silver Marches... the Blood and Gold adventure in it looks really good. As far as Prestige Classes go, the Orc Scout looks neat as does the Wild Scout. I haven't gone over the Knight Errant of Silverymoon so I don't have an opinion on that class just yet.

I do know that my 11th level campaign will be shifting from the Western Heartlands to there.

Ren

Ren

Nebuchadnezzar

First Post
So i'm wondering when we're supposed to start playing in your new campaign? We'll all have characters rolled up when we arrive. It would be nice if you'd say hello to all them home.
Sorry, i was talking to nebu, should have said so, my bad
Eh? Do I know you? Well, I wish I do. I really need more players for a FR campaign. I note you are a Turboneger fan, though I far prefer The Smiths (Shoplifters of the World Unite).

Obelix

First Post
Eh? Do I know you? Well, I wish I do. I really need more players for a FR campaign. I note you are a Turboneger fan, though I far prefer The Smiths (Shoplifters of the World Unite).

Let me put it this way:
I am currently adventuring in eastern europe AND I am one of the protagonists in the film blue velvet

Now do you know me?:D

Me kjede oss og det e pc på vandrerhjemmet

Last edited:

Nebuchadnezzar

First Post
I am currently adventuring in eastern europe AND I am one of the protagonists in the film blue velvet
Adventuring in Eastern Europe... Makes me think of Vampire: Dark Ages for some reason, which again makes me think of Piet. Or you could hint that you live/study in Eastern Europe, which makes me think of no one at all. You are one of protagonists in the Lynch film Blue Velvet, one of my favorite films of all time. Either you are Frank Booth (played by Dennis Hopper), Dorothy Vallens (played by Isabella Rosselini), or Jeffrey Beaumont (played by Twin Peaky Kyle Maclachlan). None of these names ring a bell.

Me kjede oss og det e pc på vandrerhjemmet
Ah, Interrail, of course.

Frank!

EricNoah

Adventurer
Nebuchadnezzar said:
BTW, what is the consensus on Faiths and Pantheons? I'm considering buying it, but considering the nasty price, could use some advice. I did flip through it, and nearly ripped the book apart when I saw how Bane looked like an ogre!

If you need stats for gods/avatars, etc., Faiths & Pantheons is a good deal. Otherwise, I'd stick with the FRCS and copies of the 2E Faiths & Avatars, Powers & Pantheons and Demihuman Deities for flavor, background, history, etc. If I hadn't gotten it for free I think I'd have skipped buying it. But then I didn't think Deities & Demigods was all that useful either.

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
I agree, the 2nd edition god books are a lot more useful than Faiths & Pantheons. Didn't stop me from shelling out the money for it when it came out, of course, but then again I'm a sucker like that. It's still a nice read and I like some of the prestige classes, but in terms of actual campaign flavor, the 2nd edition books are worlds better.

qstor

Adventurer
I agree 100% with Eric about F&P. I dont think I'm going to get it unless I get it as a present :) The 2nd edition books have a LOT of non stat related material that can still be used in 3e. I kind of F&P as a watered down version of the 3 second edition books.

Mike

teitan

Legend
F&P

Faiths & Pantheons is great if you don't have the old books. The material is well done and it really helps having a write up for the other gods of the FRCS that were just names and domains. Very well done. If you have the old books, FWIR (from what I recall) then the new one is not necessary, though it is nice for a few of the new things like the Repose domain.

Kultha Zif

Scarred Lands RULEZ

Remove ads