[FR]The Return of the Heroes of the Vilhon Reach (updated 8/20!)

My favorite Hero is....

• Benito

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Aris

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Grim

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Ellysidell

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Ivan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nosr

Votes: 3 17.6%

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Man, it's been a long while....

Does anyone read these old tales anymore?

Can't believe that I left a cliffhanger like this...

I need to repent!

:D

Malachai_rose

First Post
I still read (course I'm a player but /shrug). Lol, Broc your such a slacker. I mean its nothin but "I can't write I have to move" or "I can't write my mothers sick" or "I can't write I have to go finish up an experiment back at the lab"

whine whine whine thats all I ever hear from you anymore... LOL (I was being facietous in case you took me seriously bud :D)

Heh, well hopefully you can wrap this up because eventually were gonna put Champions down and wander back over to the FR game :)

honorwolf

First Post
Yes that is right! Soon the mighty Aris can take command once again of the motley crew that is Legion Extreme...err the Heroes of the Vilhon Reach. sigh....Why is it that I am always in charge? It is like Sun Tzu says, "Hence we know that the leader of the army is in charge of the lives of the people and the safety fo the nation."

honorwolf

First Post
Once again it is I. The real Aris to talk to y'all out there. The real Aris would never refer to himself as mighty. He is far to pragmatic for that. But, I digress. If any of you readers have been leaders then perhaps you can sympathize with me. As good as our group is in a fight, I guess I should not worry about anything else, but I fear as the more experienced we get and the more powerful we become, many of us forget to work together or better yet in concert as a team.

I find the burden of leadership very heavy indeed. Many in our group are headstrong, especially now that we have survived. We are on the verge of becoming epic levels. We still have a little way to go, but I am beginning to question the veracity of continueing on.

"The needs of the many, outweight the needs of the one." Spock. "Changes can come from the power of many but only if the many come together to form that which is invincible...the power of one." From the movie "The Power of One" as spoken by P.K. portrayed by actor Stephen Dorff.

The Heroes of the Vilhoun Reach is perhaps one of the greatest that I have ever adventured with, but Aris's Blue Black hair may soon turn to white, with the burden of leadership. I guess it is true that leaders are a lot like eagles. They fly alone. Please forgive my little gripe session. Leadership is a privilege and a responsiblity. One does what is right and hard to do,because you must. But just a little understanding and cooperation goes a long way. :)

Soon the Heroes and the Legion shall rise again to once more smite down evil!!! Long live the Fighters!;):D :D

Last edited:

Malachai_rose

First Post
Lol, do you hear it Aris /listen ...

(sounds of worlds smallest violin playin 'my heart bleeds for you)

Leadership is tough, but you gotta approach the group from a team stand point and not so much like that drill seargent from Full Metal Jacket. And as for pressure try turning down these insane quests when it's your God asking you to do it (well one of his celestial host actually but still). Lol, I mean what cleric in his right mind says no to God !?!

Heheh, well I can sympathize with Aris' being war weary... Benito longs to
be with his wife and daughter but he knows that the war against the darkness is unforgiving and unconcerned with such matters. So heavy in heart he fights on. Speaking of fighting on, we gonna start the ol FR back up soon ? I really want to finish up the story arc. Champions is great to though... hmm so many great games so little time /sigh :D

Last edited:

honorwolf

First Post
News Flash!

Number of PCs who died under Benito's lead: 5
Number of PCs who died under Aris's lead: 1

Number of cities overrun by Benito's decisions: 1

I rest my case.

This drill sergeant clearly does not lead his troops to their demise, and this drill sergeant is humble. I do not make demands on my other companions nor do I cajole them. This drill sergeant cares about the future of his charges. I care not about popularity. I get the job done.

:p

Broccli_Head

Explorer
honorwolf said:
News Flash!

Number of PCs who died under Benito's lead: 5
Number of PCs who died under Aris's lead: 1

Number of cities overrun by Benito's decisions: 1

That's just wrong!

I forget who the dead all were, but the city in question is Iriaebor, which in my campaign even 5 years later is still under Zhentarim control.

LuYangShih

First Post
Perhaps Aris has a better track record because he lacks the courage and fortitude to take on the tough jobs and decisions. Aris is imminently unlikable, as well. He combines arrogance and self righteousness to a degree unseen in most Lawful Stupid Paladins. Benito is clearly better, but all in all, Ellysidel is my favorite Hero.

Anyway, I still occassionally read this story hour, so that is at least one reader you have. I look forward to reading the continuation of this campaign. I assume you will continue the once every two months update cycle?

honorwolf

First Post
I appreciate your commentary, and I respect your views. But, my friend to call me self righteous and arrogant without knowing the full story is not right. But you do have your opinion and I am glad you replied. Ellysidell is my favorite as well. The track record bit is between Benito and I. But to tell you that Aris is unlikable because his charisma is low. He is the soldiers, soldier. He does the things no one else wants to do. No one likes someone who has to be hard. He is a cold character that is concerned for the greater good. Protecting his family, the party. So you know what. No one liked Sun Tzu when he executed the king's favorite concubines, to turn the the rest of the harem,into a feared, elite unit. And he went down in the history books, as one of the greatest generals of all time. I am not to be liked, I am not to be feared. All that matters is everyone makes it. "Strength with out the perception to use it, is wholly useless." Thank you for your response. This has illicited the most emotion out of me in a long while. Seriously, thanks for reading and replying to our post. Broc will be happy.

Remove ads