• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

From Citadel to Bastion [OOC Thread]

Vargo

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
Farah already knows Lamont and Quendros. Read Lamont's background.

Now. We have two groups:

Ashrem
Moon
Khaira

and

Lamont
Farah
Quendros

Now, how to tie them together so that they have been together for a year?

Simple - Quendros and Khaira are childhood friends. :)

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
ok, but what have we been doing for the past year?

Are we an adventuring group already or just a bunch of weirdos who hang out together?

Last edited:

Vargo

First Post
I can see Khaira getting bored telling other people's stories, and deciding to make a few of her own - dragging her friends (willing or unwilling) into it.

novyet

First Post
Farah would have been looking for a new group of partners anyway, so it's easy enough to figure. And I hope you didn't jinx me! :)

Farah's color is Orange Red

Vargo

First Post
Hey Moon, shouldn't your Will save be +1/+3 v.s. fear, rather than +0? Iron Will grants +2 Will save, correct?

Or am I missing something?

By the way, with our generally horrid Will saves, I'd recommend having a few Protection from Evils ready - Charm Person is going to HURT us.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Urgh. Couldn't connect from home last night. Hopefully I'll have time to post the start of the adventure later this morning.

Haven't decided the region of Greyhawk yet (still somewhat new to the setting). The time of year will be stated in the opening scenario description.

Thanks for working on collaborative backgrounds. They sound interesting so far.

StalkingBlue

First Post
Vargo: My bad. Thanks. I was changing back and forth between Iron Will and Weapon Finesse (dagger) when I allocated stats, and somehow must have got completely muddled. (Yeah. I know it doesn't make sense either way.) I've now adjusted both the Will save up and the melee attack bonus down. :rolleyes:

As to our common background:
I think we wouldn't have to have spent an entire year together. Both groups might have run into each other and become acquainted through two people's past connection - and then split up again to go each their own way for a while, only to meet again later (for our coming first adventure together).
In detail this depends on what the adventure hook's going to be.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
novyet, would you send me a synopsis of Farah's spells which aren't in the PH (or a link if they are online somewhere)?

The idea of the two groups coming together for this adventure will work. Posting story soon.

Remove ads