• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

From The Shadows (A Ravenloft Campaign)

CoolHand said:
[sblock]Heal Check roll = 6. I don't have my character sheet in front of me tonight to check for bonuses.[/sblock]

Thadeus:
[sblock]Your mod is +2, giving you a total of 8. You notice that the little girl isn't breathing, and her lips and finger tips are turning slightly blue.[/sblock]

CoolHand

First Post
Thadeus draws near to the immobile girl's side. "By the stink o' a goblin's arse, she ain't breathin'! And I've no healin' spells left to give." He looks around at the other's, a burning fire in his eyes. "I'm open to any ideas, friends." Not receiving an immediate reply from the group, he pinches the girls nose, tilts her head back, blows air into her lungs, and waits a moment for her condition to change.

[sblock]If nothing happens, rinse and repeat[/sblock]

Last edited:

Thadeus:
As your lips cover her mouth, you feel something small and hairy crawl into your throat. The girl gasps for air and collapses against the tree, both alive and very confused. Coughing intensely, you manage to dislodge the little intruder and spit it into your hand.

It appears to be a small, green spider, not larger than a silver piece. It turns in place to face you, looks up directly into your eyes, and disappears in a puff of emerald smoke.

SyrinxNymph

First Post
Karina runs to the child and attempts to gather her in her arms. She tries to talk to her.

"Little one? Little one, what is your name? Can you tell me why those men were after you?"

She looks over to where Varren is now located and talks to him, oblivious to the green spider. "There may be other men following behind. We should hurry before any others can track us."

CoolHand

First Post
"Oh bloody ..." Thadeus starts to exclaim, spitting out the furry little arachnid. His disgust quickly turns to near shock as the creature disappears before he has the chance to slap it away.Turning back to the ladies, he grumbles something under his breath as he makes his way to his feet. "Well, yer quite welcome, m' lady," he offers in a poor excuse for a regal tone, which he quickly loses. "I s'pose we should be gettin ourselves out o' here...though it'd help if I had any idea where here was."

SyrinxNymph said:
"Little one? Little one, what is your name? Can you tell me why those men were after you?"
Karina:
The girl shivers and holds you tight. Her skin is pale and cold, and her lips quiver as she speaks. "M...m...my name is Mieka." Her eyes fall to the decapitated man, and she quickly looks away. "I want to go home." She begins to wimper softly, and holds you tighter.

SyrinxNymph

First Post
Karina keeps her arms enfolded around the little girl and looks down at her. "Mieka? That's a pretty name." She looks around quickly to find some trinket and, seeing nothing immediately, grabs a flower from a nearby patch of ground. "Mieka, do you like flowers?" She hands it to the little girl, hoping it will distract her.

Replying to Thadeus, she says, "I saw a light a little ways off in the woods when I was tracking these two men, roughly in the direction you must have come from. Perhaps we should see if someone there might help us?"

Speaking to Mieka again; "Mieka, I'll try to get you home. To do that, you'll have to be brave for me and be quiet. We'll make it a game, ok? If you stay quiet, then I'll give you something nice when we get to your house. But to do that, you'll have to stay quiet unless one of us talks to you. Ok?" She puts a finger to the little girl's lips to accentuate the point and then picks her up, looking around the circle. "We should go. What do you say about going to that campfire?"

CoolHand

First Post
"Are ye' sure it weren't our fire you were seein'?" Thadeus grumbles, the events of this strange night having taking their toll on his spirits. "Well, any port in a...," he begins, but his eye catches the little girl. He shakes his head, blushing a bit. "No, that's not quite the right sayin'. Any fire on a cold night's a good fire." He gives the girl a quick wink. "There, that be better."

Remove ads