• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

full attack with a 5 foot adjust in the middle?

I'm fairly certain the 5-foot step has to come either before all the attacks, or after them. I don't think you can take it in the middle.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Yes, you can: "5-foot step: A small position adjustment that does not count as an action. Usually (but not always), a 5-foot step is permitted at any point in the round (such as before or after a full-round action, between attacks in a full attack, between a standard action and a move action, or between two move actions)."

Quote from the glossary in the PHB.

*flips through the book*

Well, I'll be damned. You're right. How the heck have I been doing that wrong all this time? :confused:

This is certainly going to change my paladin's tactics a bit in the Dawnforge game I'm playing in. :cool:

shilsen

Adventurer
Darklone said:
Be sure to additionally cast a quickened True Strike before the last iterative attack :D
Power Attacks Darklone with a two-handed weapon (while protected by my animated shield) for making that suggestion :D

Darklone

shilsen said:
Power Attacks Darklone with a two-handed weapon (while protected by my animated shield) for making that suggestion :D
Your rules-foo is weak. I use Elusive Target. And my buddy cohort TWF idiot will Pin your Shield. :p

green slime

First Post
Darklone said:
Your rules-foo is weak. I use Elusive Target. And my buddy cohort TWF idiot will Pin your Shield. :p

LOL!!

Holy cow Darklone, you been taking illegal performance enhancing drugs to improve your rules-foo?!?!

Darklone

green slime said:
LOL!!

Holy cow Darklone, you been taking illegal performance enhancing drugs to improve your rules-foo?!?!
My rules-foo seems to be pretty bad these days when I have to explain somewhere else whether an enhancement bonus to AC counts for touch attacks or not (it does not) or whether DR helps against subdual/nonlethal damage... but looks like it's still good enough for old Shilsen ;)

shilsen

Adventurer
Darklone said:
My rules-foo seems to be pretty bad these days when I have to explain somewhere else whether an enhancement bonus to AC counts for touch attacks or not (it does not) or whether DR helps against subdual/nonlethal damage... but looks like it's still good enough for old Shilsen ;)
Bah! That's only because your "buddy cohort TWF idiot" (TM?) messed me up. Wait till I borrow Lord Pendragon's griffon special mount and come back :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads