Male Halfling Barbarian 1
Small Halfling (Humanoid)

Hit Dice: 1d12+2 (14 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 17 (+3 Dex, +1 size, +3 armor); touch 14, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+0
Attack: Talenta tangat +4 melee (1d8+3)
Full Attack: Talenta tangat +4 melee (1d8+3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: halfling traits, rage
Special Qualities: halfling traits, fast movement
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
Skills: Climb +5, Handle Animal +1, Intimidate +1, Jump +5, Listen +5, Ride +5, Survival +3, Swim +2
Feats: Raging Luck
Environment: Talenta Plains, Sharn
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: 11gp, Talenta Tangat, Studded Leather Armor, 3 Javelins, Explorer's Outfit, Backpack, Bedroll, Blanket, Flint and Steel, Grappling Hook, Hammer, 3 Pints of Oil, 3 Pitons, 3 Days of Trail Rations, 50 ft. of Silk Rope, 3 Torches, Waterskin, Whetstone, 3 Tindertwigs, 3 Loaves of Bread
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Appearance: Indi d’Jorasco is a tall, wild-looking halfing dressed in leathers studded with iron, wearing a stylish fedora atop his head. From his appearance, one would never guess that he is, in fact, a member of one of the twelve dragon-marked houses of Khorvaire. He has dark brown hair and green eyes, and a crazed smile emerges on his face whenever doing something most others would consider recklessly stupid.

Background: Indi d’Jorasco, born Indigus, longed for a life of adventure since he was born. He shunned the civilizing influences of his dragon-marked house and instead chose to live the life of the dinosaur riders of his homeland, drawing the ire of his more civilized relatives who preferred saving lives instead of taking them. Desiring no part with his family business, Indi performed the ceremony of bonding with a fastieth dinosaur and rode to Sharn, acting as a merchant caravan guard on occasion. Encamped a few short miles from Sharn, disaster struck the young halfing as vicious masked raiders, alerted to his presence by his campfire, attacked him, dropping Indi with a few well-aimed crossbow bolts and leading off his companion beast Whirlwind. Left for dead, Indi stumbled into the great city in a wounded daze, swearing revenge on his mysterious attackers and vowing to recover his dinosaur mount.

Attachments

• hling_ranger.jpg
    hling_ranger.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Zweischneid

First Post
Ok, made the changes.

Denying Stance is a variant progression for the Monk Bonus feats from Unearthed Arcana. It can also be found here.

Reading over the styles again, its actually passive way I was looking for, not denying stance..

Either way... Unearthed Arcana (Page 52.)

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Sebastian O said:
Rayex: Can you reference the source for an exalted wizard for me? It's not ringing a bell, and I don't want to thumb through dozens of books, when I can just ask instead. :p

It's from the Book of Exalted Deeds. She'll pretty much be a regular wizard, only she'll work for the good side. I'll create her when I get home from work today, and post her for aproval :)

Last edited:

Sebastian O

First Post
Hammerhead: At first glance, I like Indi a lot. I'll go over the numbers and make sure I don't have any questions. I have to say that all three of the characters submitted so far are really interesting conceptually!

Zweischneid: Okay, I'll have to get ahold of a copy of UA, and make sure this fighting style thing is okay. It doesn't look like a problem, but I have to check the book to make sure (I don't own that one yet). I'll let you know. Everything else looks good now.

Rayex: Great, thanks for the reference. Looking forward to seeing the character!

Ashy, Captain Tagon: How you guys doing?

Zweischneid

First Post
Okay, I'll have to get ahold of a copy of UA, and make sure this fighting style thing is okay. It doesn't look like a problem, but I have to check the book to make sure (I don't own that one yet). I'll let you know. Everything else looks good now.

No need to buy the book just for that. For one, it's all in the Online Preview I linked too, for another I don't have to use the rules if you don't own the book.

I just like for martial artists to have a certain "style" to distinguish them from others that walk around (i.e. my Praying Manits Kung Fu is mightier than your Mountain Gorrilla Tai Chi"), but I can do that purly roleplaying wise too if you want.

[edit]

The Fighting Style Link again.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
As you may guess, Indi will be going into Extreme Explorer is he ever has the opportunity :) I plan on fleshing out my background some more; I'm not entirely satisfied and it could really use some more detail.

Zweischneid

First Post
Well, I removed all the Fighting Style Stuff to make it a more simpler, straight SRD/Eberron Monk now. Sorry for all the tinkering.. but as I said, in all my years of D&D, I've never played a Monk yet so I am all to tempted to try everything there ever was published by WoTC for those guys.

Lets see if the Action Points cut it ;)

Sebastian O

First Post
Zweischneid said:
Well, I removed all the Fighting Style Stuff to make it a more simpler, straight SRD/Eberron Monk now. Sorry for all the tinkering.. but as I said, in all my years of D&D, I've never played a Monk yet so I am all to tempted to try everything there ever was published by WoTC for those guys.

Lets see if the Action Points cut it ;)

Thanks for that link to the preview for UA, Zweischneid! It's up to you, but if you want to go back and use one of those fighting styles, I will allow it. Totally your call. All the tinkering doesn't bother me one bit, so no apologies necessary.

Remove ads