[FULL] Star Wars D20 Revised Episode III - Episode IV

Galethorn

First Post
Ok, I'll keep that in mind...

Here's what I've got so far;

Str: 14, Dex: 15, Con: 14, Int: 12, Wis: 10, Cha: 10

I've chosen the following feats: Gearhead, PBS, Rapid Shot, Heroic Surge, and Quickdraw. I've got ranks in Computer Use, Demolitions, Knowledge: Technology, Pilot (one goal is for him to acquire a swoop at some point), Repair, and Spot.

As for his stuff...
One Blastech DLT-20A (it's basically an 'improved' blaster rifle): 1300 credits
One Blastech DT-12 Heavy Blaster Pistol (again, just a nicer variant on the basic weapon of its type, and it looks cool): 900 credits
Two frag grenades: 1000 credits
One knife: 25 credits
Four power packs: 100 credits
Field Kit: 1000 credits
Electrobinoculars: 1000 credits

That adds up to 5325, which is 75 more credits than you said for a 3rd level soldier, but that's only about 1.43%...so, can I have that extra 75 credits worth, or will we have to partially deplete my field kit to make up for it?

Oh yeah, and I've come up with a name, too...
Everybody calls him Cal, which is short for Callon Kordyran.

Ambrus

Explorer
Ambrus... My apologies, I was confusing those with the interrogation droid from Ep. IV.. My bad.

No apology required; one glossy black ball droid looks pretty much like the next glossy black ball droid. ;)

Shadowbloodmoon, I'll need some GM assistance with a few of the game-quirks to build my droid PC:

I think I'd either like to swap my weapon mount for an arm/hand or simply purchase an additional arm. Extra arms are listed as optional accessories in Ultimate Adversaries p.156 for 2,000 credits, each weighing 2 kg. It seems a bit much to me for an extra arm for a diminutive droid since, for that price, you can buy one or two cheap droids. I'll go with that price and weight though if it sounds good to you.

Also, in Ultimate Adversaries p.152 there is the optional Droid Manufacturers table which grants individual droids skill bonuses based on the corporate focus of their parent corporate manufacturer. I'd need to know if you'd allow it for my character. Being built by Arakyd Industries grants a +1 equipment bonus to Diplomacy, Gather Information, Hide and Intimidate.

I'd also be interested in purchasing installing a scomp-link computer hookup device on my droid, but it's not listed anywhere (that I know of) as an accessory. How much do you think it should cost/weigh?

As for my character background, I see a few possibilities: perhaps I could be a sentry droid being used by the separatists before the attack. I get damaged in the attack and am recovered/fixed by the rebels/PC party to be used against my former masters (perhaps Galethorn and I can work up a common history) or simply decide to join them after my master(s) is defeated in the battle. Perhaps I'm purchased by the Jedi cousel to search for the Sith when suddenly the tables are turned and its the Sith who attain control and begin hunting the Jedi? Now the Jedi conscript me into helping their fellows escape capture by the empire. Perhaps I'm an advance scout for the rebels who are about to attack the seperatists. Perhaps I'm a privately owned droid on an unrelated mission to deliver a secret message to someone when the attack first occurs and my owner simply happens to get killed leaving me alone without a cause. The latter idea has the benefit of a posibly more elaborate background with the oppurtunity to explain any modifications to my droid chassis as well as offering up a story hook. Any of this stir up some ideas for anyone? :)

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
I'm interested, problem is I don't have the book(s?) so I might need a little help creating a character. There wouldn't happen to be a SRD (or similar document) for Starwars somewhere on-line, would there?

Melkor

Explorer
Callon Kordyran - Now THAT is a good name.

Nephtys - As far as I know, there is no SRD online for Star Wars, but I'm sure that someone would be willing to help out if Shadow thinks there's room enough for one more in the game.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Resistor- I will go ahead and list you as an alternate, as we already have two Jedi and another sixth person ready to play. As for adding you to the group if the need arise, it would be rather easy to include a fugitive Jedi seeking help...

Galethorn... Looks good so far, as far as the 75 credits go, the difference is minimal, so I'll not worry about it. I look forward to seeing Callon fleshed out. Oh and I agree with Melkor, nice name.

Ambrus... This is going to be a fun one :) As for the arm, firstly, I believe the extra arm was intended for Medium size droids, therefore an arm of the appropriate size would cost less any way, but I would suggest a manipulator arm/ claw more than an actual arm as they describe. I would say the cost of that would be equivalent to the cost of the weapon mount, so it's a fair trade if you're willing to go with it. The Claw would give you 1 pt of damage too. The only problem I see with it is if you wanted your droid to fire weapons from that arm. As for the Arakyd bonuses, I'll allow them only if you take at least one rank in those skills. The droid wasn't programmed with some of them originally, but since it does have Hide, it should be a +23 now. The scomp link is the computer interface device described under astromech droids. That would cost you another 750 credits for the extra tool arm and the device itself. I like some of the history ideas, especially the ex-Separatist part... Galethorn, anyone? ;)

Nephtys, since you are ready to play now, I'll add you as the sixth and final character. As for character creation, let me know what type of person you would like to play and I will get you the information you need.

Linnorm.. Consider yourself added as the other alternate.

All... I will be posting a new OOC thread for this later on this evening. We can continue with character creation etc there. Melkor, could you edit this post to mention that it is full? Thanks...

Ambrus

Explorer
I believe the extra arm was intended for Medium size droids, therefore an arm of the appropriate size would cost less any way, but I would suggest a manipulator arm/ claw more than an actual arm as they describe. I would say the cost of that would be equivalent to the cost of the weapon mount, so it's a fair trade if you're willing to go with it. The Claw would give you 1 pt of damage too. The only problem I see with it is if you wanted your droid to fire weapons from that arm.

Hmm. Upon consideration I'd like to have a blaster pistol mounted onto the weapon mount so I'd have a combat tactic besides just ramming people. ;)

As for the arm, I don't mind having a claw instead of a hand, it seems appropriate. So if you're okay with using the weapon mount cost/weight to approximate the addition of an arm/claw, I'll go with that. I may get two such mini-manipulators (being human, I have trouble imagining having only one limb).

The scomp link is the computer interface device described under astromech droids. That would cost you another 750 credits for the extra tool arm and the device itself.

Sounds okay. Is it described fully anywhere; it doesn't appear on the accessories list. What is the device's weight?

Also, out of curiosity, would there be any interest in playing out some of the campaign in real time by chat or MSM? Even an hour or two on a weeknight could really bring out the action. Or we could alternate between BPB and chat on occassion. What do people think?

Last edited:

Galethorn

First Post
I think I could agree to some MSM stuff...it depends on what time and what day, really, which I'm sure would be the major concern for everyone (assuming they even had MSM).

Anyway...when I said I'd get a finished character up last night or early today, I must have meant later tonight or else early tomorrow. I've got the automated excell sheet all filled in, but I still need to flesh out a background and so forth.

Speaking of which, I'm wondering the exact...well, position we'll be starting in. If it's the midst of a battle, it'll have different implications than if we're not in the midst of battle. For example...

If we're not actually in the trenches/whatever, shooting/getting shot at, I'd probably have different stuff on me, and I'd want the whole former-seperatist-thing to have happened a while back, and have me (at or near the time the campaign starts) just be working as a computer and droid repairman (who happens to have a couple of very big guns).

If we're going to be in the midst of the fighting, I'd want to be a non-clone auxiliary soldier on the republic side (at least when the fighting starts)...which would mean I might or might not trade in some of my stuff for some light armor.

Remove ads