Future of LEB [Poll/Thoughts] (Closed)

What should be done with Living Eberron?

• Let LEB Die: It'll be an archive of great 3.5 games

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Someone Else Takes Over: Still 3.5, but under new management

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Convert to 4E: 4Eberron is coming out

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Something Else: Post bellow!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvolutionKB

First Post
I just wanted to say the conversion to level 2 or 3 would be a good seperation from L4E. It might attract more players initially because of more options from the increased levels.

Atanatotatos

First Post
I'd be favourable to give people a choice to start from a slightly higher level than 1. Lvl 2, or 3, say. Aside from being an option that would attract more people, it certainly offers a degree of variety to the pbp scene, since the vast majority of games starts at level 1 (and does not go beyond that).
But stonegod is the experienced one, he can probably tell us if that is a bad idea.

EDIT: And btw, I reckon that stonegod himself is not willing to be a judge? I was wondering why, he certainly woud be a great asset!

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The prevailing opinion seems to be going for 4E and there is at least a small group (Ata and Evo) willing to take up the mantle. There have been a few voices for 3.5, but no voices other than DT's stepping up to take over running things which would leave us exactly where we are now (i.e., no on really running the show). I've pinged some of LEB's more recent players to give them a chance for input so I'll wait a bit before any big decisions are made.

EDIT: And btw, I reckon that stonegod himself is not willing to be a judge? I was wondering why, he certainly woud be a great asset!
Right now, I'm a little burned out. I plan on staying through to get LEB back on its feet whatever the decision is made and what not, but I don't think I'll be a full-time judge afterwards. We'll see.

renau1g

First Post
Someone might be able to twist my arm although we'll see how things go with Eberron 4e when it comes out.

Hopefully I'll be more inspired than after FR 4e - sucked IMHO.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Yeah I agree that we gotta take a look at the Campaign setting before making any hard decision.
But I'm optimistic that they're doing this right. Taking a look at the tidbits of feats from the excerpt published today, I'd say they're very flavorful, expecially the dragonmarks.

Oh, and Ren, I do know a few armlocks! lol :heh:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Barring any sudden infusion of new blood, I'd say we don't really have enough bodies to keep this going in the 3.5 version- unfortunately. With only a few hours each day for any computer use at all, I can't commit enough time to help out in any meaningful way.

I do, however, want to see how the 4e campaign stuff looks before I make a choice- but as noted, it does not look like continuing in the present form, even with new management, is highly likely. Even this discussion has barely pulled enough people in for running a single adventure- never mind running an entire Living world....

Atanatotatos

First Post
If this was in Talking the Talk, I'm pretty sure more people would see it and come. I know there's a link there, but I suppose it's fallen back considerably after a day or two and lost visibility...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
If this was in Talking the Talk, I'm pretty sure more people would see it and come. I know there's a link there, but I suppose it's fallen back considerably after a day or two and lost visibility...
I've pinged the Talking the Talk thread again.

I got my EPG Saturday and am pleased with what they've done. Really, its an update not a redux ala the FRPG (though the planes are a somewhat different). So, if you liked 3E Eberron, it appears from the EPG you'll like 4Eberron. That is, if you like 4E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads