G.I. JOE [Spycraft] RECRUITMENT

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Nuke261 said:
Notes on Rapid Fire:
He is an existing Joe and according to his file card he would have to of received the CMA to qualify for his training.

Yeah I see that now I'm not sure how I missed the file card in the first place... :)

That entry is pretty erroneous as there is no specialized training for recipients only as the honor isn't common enough for it. Most are given post posthumously, and our last two where given for actions in Somalia in 1993. In fact the youngest recipient still alive is age 53.

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
[...] In fact the youngest recipient still alive is age 53.

Oh, come on! That's no age at all!

Just look at Duke who's probably even older by now and still manages a trim fighting form. ;) (So are Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow, but then, they are ninjas. :D )

[EDIT: Forgot to mention Stalker!]

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holidays. :)

Also.

Nuke261 said:
As far as extra Feats. No, I did not plan on using them. It had looked to me like most of the characters made did not get extra Feats for levels 1, 3, 6 and 9. That is why I made sure to point those out. That is 4 (3 in this game) Feats it looked like most people missed. That seems like a lot of Feats.

Nuke, torpedo is almost done I shall finish him tonight or tomorrow. :) (26th by the latest.) Any chance I could have 2 extra levels sense this was my idea? ;) (Yeah I didn't think so but I had to try and yes I got all my feats.)

All jokes aside I lost out on the combat side by wanting to make him realistic to the character. The two feats would have given me the feats I needed for Stingray, but probably would have effected the balance of the game for the other characters, and my own to be honest. :)

This is going to sound very stupid, but do humans get the extra feat they do in d20 modren and D&D? I ask you cause I know their are non humans in Stargate and they might have addresses it somewhere in that monsterious manual.

Nuke261 said:
I realize G.I. Joe is supposed to be the best soldiers we have. However, they screw up. They miss shots. They get hurt. They even let some of the bad guys get away. That is just the way it works.

I sort of got to thinking on this and that maybe this could be earlier in the history of GI Joe instead of later... Helps explain away their apparent godhood in the TV Show and their human factor where in game. I could honestly see some near epic level Joes and cobras.

Or we could always do that GI Joe reloaded thing they’re doing comic wise in the next couple of months. Basically take are Joes and start over, small changes could happen in the Joes and the same with Cobras.

Or we can just leave it alone and what not. :)

Last edited:

buzzard

First Post
I'll be in if there's still room. I'll be running with the Low-light I've done up. I will have to adjust the equipment I suppose.

buzzard

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Torpedo is up; he's in my placeholder # 1 spot. My equipment is not bought as I seasoned veteran like Torpedo knows that the equipment needed changes with the mission. :)

Hint: I need more details on are mission. :D

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
The era of the game will be unique. Obviously the characters are based off of the comic books, cartoons and file cards. However, I think it is best to do it in "comic book time." By this I mean that we all know this will take place during the other stuff they have done, but there is no exact timeframe for any of it. I do like the G.I. Joe Reloaded concept, but I think it will be more like G.I. Joe Frontline.

Torpedo looks very cool.
Ambush and Falcon are great.
Sorry about the gear problems. If anyone has a suggestion I will listen, I just don't like handing everything over. It gets too tempting.

As for some hints to the game...
Your initial briefing will explain more, but I will give you this much to begin with:
Desert environment
Urban setting
Suspected chemical weapons lab
Things are not always what they seem...

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Nuke261 said:
The era of the game will be unique. Obviously the characters are based off of the comic books, cartoons and file cards. However, I think it is best to do it in "comic book time." By this I mean that we all know this will take place during the other stuff they have done, but there is no exact timeframe for any of it. I do like the G.I. Joe Reloaded concept, but I think it will be more like G.I. Joe Frontline.

works for me. :)

Nuke261 said:
Torpedo looks very cool.

Thanks, I could use a few more levels but at least I already know which dirrection I want to take my character when I level up. :)

Nuke261 said:
Sorry about the gear problems. If anyone has a suggestion I will listen, I just don't like handing everything over. It gets too tempting.

Well you helped already, as I know now not to take the artic camouflaged BDUs.

If I can ask a few questions BASED upon what are intell would tell us:

Scuba gear, and other water/underwater equipment, is it needed or not?

Silence weapons, would they be an asset or would they be counter productive?

And the GI Joe pack pretty much solved all of my gear problems. :)

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Brother Shatterstone said:
Scuba gear, and other water/underwater equipment, is it needed or not?
Silenced weapons, would they be an asset or would they be counter productive?
Oooo!
My first cyrptic reply!!

As far as suba gear, there is a known river nearby. Very nearby.

Silenced weapons? That depends on if you want anyone to hear you.
Although, I cannot imagine them being a hindrance.

NUKE

By the way, one of my favorite Joe stories is the yearbook where Torpedo and Wetsuit infiltrate Cobra Island at the same time as the October Guard. Very cool!

Remove ads