G.I. JOE [Spycraft] RECRUITMENT

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Nuke261 said:
Silenced weapons? That depends on if you want anyone to hear you.
Although, I cannot imagine them being a hindrance.
I can't find the rules on it but I'm pretty sure Subsonic ammo does less damage.

Nuke261 said:
By the way, one of my favorite Joe stories is the yearbook where Torpedo and Wetsuit infiltrate Cobra Island at the same time as the October Guard. Very cool!
I'll have to find it for inspiration. :)

buzzard

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
I can't find the rules on it but I'm pretty sure Subsonic ammo does less damage.

Yep that's about all there is. In pistols you might as well use a silencer (all SOCOM pistols come with one). In rifles you end up having to use subsonic ammo since the bullet going supersonic would make enough noise for the silencer to be fairly useless. Of course rifles being smaller caliber (in general), you won't be doing a hell of a lot of damage.

buzzard

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
buzzard said:
Yep that's about all there is. In pistols you might as well use a silencer (all SOCOM pistols come with one). In rifles you end up having to use subsonic ammo since the bullet going supersonic would make enough noise for the silencer to be fairly useless. Of course rifles being smaller caliber (in general), you won't be doing a hell of a lot of damage.

Agreed, so with 7 of use signed up already how quite can we actually be?

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
As a compromise to help balance out the equipment requests I continue to get, I am authorizing each character to pick one piece of equipment that is integral to their character. A weapon, night vision goggles, a med kit, whatever item you think your character could not be without.

I do want to approve what you take to make sure it fits within the scope of things. But half of the Joes would not be who they are without a little something extra to make them stand out.

NUKE

Roy

First Post
Okay in that case Falcon is going to carry a M1014 Joint Service Combat Shotgun as his bonus piece of equipment.

Ahzad

Explorer
Hey Nuke I just emailed Cross Hair to you. I have a few bps left and I may add to his gear, but he's with the essential gear he will always have on every mission.

Remove ads