Galactic Empire: Serving the New Order

Veritas

First Post
"It's... brave... of you Xitz, but one man against 25 aren't odds I'd send any man in against... and besides, they will be watching the shaft. I doubt you'd get halfway down by yourself before they picked you off. Your offer is noted, but I stand by my decision that we're all going in together."

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Nodding to the Major. "Ready when you are sir."

Archimedes glances at the rest of the group, pausing a few seconds on Tyrcus before moving on. "You all lack the proper training to use standard-issue stormtrooper armor. I think you'll find it highly confining and obtrusive. We don't have much time so you'd better suit-up, learn fast, and hope that the traitors don't notice that you're not using your armor correctly."

DralonXitz

First Post
Xitz nods at the Major's decision and coldly replies, "Understood sir" While the rest of them talk, Xitz thinks to himself, "This fool, he has no idea he is sending his men into a deathtrap. He's no leader, he never has been and never will be, I better make up a backup plan when he gets us into the firestorm"

"If that is our plan, I still request my second pistol. I feel more comfortable with two weapons than one."

Grand General Kardon took in all of this, then said, "If you are so determined to go through the shaft, I would suggest you not go alone. No matter how strong the assault from the outside, going down that shaft without an extra set of eyes and arms is suicide."

He paused, then motioned to three of the four normal entrances, "I will stage feint attacks at these positions. That should divide their forces enough for those of you that do not go down the vent shaft to catch them from behind. I am sorry, but we do not have any extra weapons here. You will have to go up to the next level to get to the shaft, though, and there may be a weapon rack on the way. But don't delay. We've let the Rebels onto the planet and they aren't foolish enough to squander that opportunity. I suggest you all get moving right now."

The General turned, and started barking orders to the other officers in the mark shift command center. The remaining troops that had not gone up and to other sections scrambled to the entrances and prepared for their feint attack on the traitors.

Veritas

First Post
Drannick looks at the schematic and where the General indicates... "Before we go, General, pardon my asking, but what is it about the fourth entrance that makes you discount it as an exit point for them?"

Last edited:

At first, the General looked surprised at the question, but then he smiled, "I had expected that the fourth was where the rest of your men were planning on strutting their stuff."

Veritas

First Post
"No General. We are all going down the ventilation shaft, as your men provide the cover. If you provide this cover at all four entrances, it will draw as many of them away from the shaft as possible. We'll take out those rebels in the center and then work our way to one of the entrances. When we've secured that entrance, your men can enter to help with the cleanup. Now, unless Officer Cadet Xitz would like to volunteer to storm that fourth entrance by himself... we'll be heading out."

Last edited:

The General nodded after thinking about this, and issued a few orders to one of the other command crew. Turning back to Rannick, he said, "Get yourselves up to the next level. The feint attacks will be spread thin, but should do the job if you move quickly. I'm going to order them to attack in five minutes."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Archimedes checks his power packs, sets his weapon to kill, and switches the safety off. He nods at the rest of the Krayt Dragons and turns to leave for the upper level.

Remove ads