game mastery- item cards, crit. cards, etc.

Jason Bulmahn

Adventurer
Hi there all,

Thanks for all of the great comments about our GameMastery products. I just thought I would pop on here and give out a few tidbits.

- The Critical Hit Deck has been one of our hottest selling items. We have already ordered a reprint, as we are nearly out of the first run.

- Dragon's Trove is indeed the next set of our Item Cards. You can find previews from the set along with a contest to win a free deck in our blog at paizo.com. Or you could just click here.

- We have moved away from random Item Card sets for the time being. Dragon's Trove (due out in a few weeks) and Elements of Power (due out at GenCon) are both non-random decks, as is the set after that.

- Our map packs have increased in both durability (heavier card stock) and flexibility over the last few sets. This is a trend we intend to continue.

Anyway, thanks for picking up our products. If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help.

Jason Bulmahn
GameMastery Brand Manager

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Erywin said:
Re: Steel Squire templates, I ended up just taking a wire coat hanger and a pair of pliers to make my own. In about 5 mins I had a 20' radius template that my group uses quite a bit for fireballs and Evard's.
Man, we use that thing *all the time*.

Agamon

Adventurer
I loves me my Item Cards. Looking forward to the new decks and I think I like that they're not going to be random.

The Crit Deck sounds neat in theory, but combat in D&D is crunchy enough, I prefer to make up what happens when weapons deal damage.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Fedifensor said:
You know, the front page is plugging "Buff Cards"...

That's nice, but what I want are some real printed cards. I wouldn't have bought a PDF of the Paizo crit deck, for instance - gotta have the physical thing when it's a game aid!

Some of my players bought the first deck remembering how I often say I'm going to create a deck of cards similiar to these. Very useful in many levels.

I can't say much about the other card series however.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
well I have had the crit deck for 2 weeks, the only confirmed critical was with a merciful greatsword. A slashing weapon that only does non-lethal damage.

So the we modified the slashing critical to a swollen rather than broken jaw - it worked but it wasn't quite as impressive as the original, and it did not do the associated con damage.
it ruined the bite attack of a creature with gore /claw/claw (sigh)

- perhaps the magic crits would work better for this weapon.
thoughts? he will be using it allot.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
IuztheEvil said:
- We have moved away from random Item Card sets for the time being. Dragon's Trove (due out in a few weeks) and Elements of Power (due out at GenCon) are both non-random decks, as is the set after that.
Awesome. Consider me sold on both of those. Non-randomisation is a big draw for me :).

- Our map packs have increased in both durability (heavier card stock) and flexibility over the last few sets. This is a trend we intend to continue.
I thought that I had noticed this with the last couple that I bought. Cool to see that I wasn't imagining it. Nice one!

Do you guys have plans for more flipmats beyond the City Market? I have been buying all of them with a slightly unhealthy obsession as I think that they're a great product and would be interested to hear if you have any more in store...

Nlogue

First Post
I only have the item cards so far...but I love them! Now I can carry a crossbow around in my wallet whenever I want! :D

Suddenly the phrase "is that a longsword in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me" has two possible responses.

I filled out the back of the ring card to read: "Return this to whoever gave it to you and collect half their stuff." ;)

Besides all of the above fun, they also kick ass in game. Instead of saying "you get a +2 sword." You hand your player a badass illo of the coolest looking sword in the multiverse and say: "you find this." That ups the fun factor.

I don't have the crit deck yet, but I'm rectifying this problem at Origins. A few of my freinds on the mainland (I live in Hawai'i) have it and they rave about how much fun it is.

Remove ads