Game night cancelled

Drkfathr1

First Post
I'm with you too.

My main group only gets together about once a month, but we weren't able to find a date in July and so far it looks like August will be out too.

2 months with no game. :(

Nebten

First Post
I must echo the fact that you are not alone. I try to run a game every two weeks but sometimes gets pushed to every 3 or 4. I make sure everybody is aware of the date ahead of time so that they can pencil it in or let me know if that's not going to work for them. I am disheartened when I have to cancel the game due to not enough people showing up. It's not just the fact that I spent time to prepare for the game, but making time for it. I also have a shared sympathy for the other players that made time in their schedule for the game, then not being able to provide one for them.

Sometimes it got to the point where the cancelations were so frequent that I was planning on stopping the game all together. Luckly, things are picking up and everybody is having a good time.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
I also feel your pain. Back when I played weekly, it was something I really looked forward to, and cancellations really were a let down - especially when it was my fault! And now that I don't have a group at all, it seems I'm often dealing with that vaguely resigned feeling whenever I get the itch - which is often.

There's no shame in it, though. I think a lot of people feel the same way. It's an awesome hobby and a powerful imaginative outlet. Not getting that fix means not getting something genuinely good. Heck, it's vastly better to feel bad about not getting a hit of D&D than not getting a hit of heroin, right?

Last edited:

catsclaw227

First Post
Yea, I get bummed too. We only play once every two weeks and when game night is cancelled, then its a full month between sessions.

That sucks.

And that's why I am putting the pieces together for an online VTT 4e game to add to my DMing chores.

Twowolves

Explorer
No, it's not uncommon nor sad to feel that way.

Hell, I'm just jealous of anyone who can play MONTHLY, much less weekly. I'm about to start a Pathfinder AP and if I could get the group together every 6 weeks it'd be a miracle.

Getting old(er) sucks!

Ufoosio

First Post
I thin a part of it is because gaming is this amazing creative outlet (think about everything that comes into play) and not everyone has other ways to get that fix.

One interesting thing I think will be to see if gaming stays with people into older age, especially retirement (60s plus). We'll be able to play whenever we want again, at least as long as the health limitations let us. :)

Twowolves

Explorer
One interesting thing I think will be to see if gaming stays with people into older age, especially retirement (60s plus). We'll be able to play whenever we want again, at least as long as the health limitations let us. :)

My friends and I have already said we need to make sure we all end up in the same old folks home one day, for this very reason!

Agamon

Adventurer
I look forward to my once-a-week game night. Even if we aren't playing D&D or any RPG, maybe just a board game. When something interferes -- work, illness, family, etc. -- it's really a let down, especially when the news of the cancellation comes just a few hours before the game was going to start.

This exact thing happened to me last Sunday, and it really was a bummer. We're playing a new game (HackMaster), but two fo the players couldn't make it due to a family emergency. So it was just me and my bro. we tried to get a couple other friends together for board games, but it didn't happen.

On the other hand, it wasn't all that bad. We played the BSG board game on Friday, poker on Saturday, and BSG again on Monday, so maybe I'm spoiled, but I think it was the new game that everyone was eager to play.

Remove ads