• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Game of Thrones 10-minute preview Dec 2010

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
...or will HBO catch up to GRRM before he finishes A Dance with Dragons? ;)
Hasn't he been "almost finished" with it for about five years? :confused:

What is HBO going to do if there is never an end to this story? Do you think GRRM told them how he planned for it to end so they can finish it?

Asmo

First Post
I´ve not read the books, and now I´m thorn between waiting until he´s done or watch the show. What would you do?

Asmo

IronWolf

blank
Hasn't he been "almost finished" with it for about five years? :confused:

What is HBO going to do if there is never an end to this story? Do you think GRRM told them how he planned for it to end so they can finish it?

Yep - if the show is a success, HBO is going to have to write the end to finish the series!

Ahnehnois

First Post
Yep - if the show is a success, HBO is going to have to write the end to finish the series!
HBO shows (and cable in general) have been known for taking long breaks in production. if the show did run for seven seasons (here's hoping), it would probably not finish during the 2010's.

This show looks like gold. It's a wonder HBO hasn't done many genre shows because they would likely be very successful.

coyote6

Adventurer
The problem is that they're also expensive. That's why Rome was cancelled, IIRC; the ratings were okay, but it was just so expensive (something like $100 million for one season) that they decided two seasons was enough. I'm hoping GoT doesn't fall into the same trap.

Merkuri

Explorer
I´ve not read the books, and now I´m thorn between waiting until he´s done or watch the show. What would you do?

Definitely read the books first, or at least the first book. The TV show will forever color your view of the books if you watch it first. Don't bother waiting until GRRM is done with the books because you'll be waiting a very very long time. :)

Anybody know if there's any hope for someone who doesn't have cable (like me) to see them? Do you think they'd be making this show available on Hulu or their own online service? Or do I have to wait the agonizingly long time for the DVD?

Ahzad

Explorer
Definitely read the books first, or at least the first book. The TV show will forever color your view of the books if you watch it first. Don't bother waiting until GRRM is done with the books because you'll be waiting a very very long time. :)

Anybody know if there's any hope for someone who doesn't have cable (like me) to see them? Do you think they'd be making this show available on Hulu or their own online service? Or do I have to wait the agonizingly long time for the DVD?

The books are fantastic, best thing in good gritty fantasy since glenn cook's black company. I must say I never got past book 2 b/c of the Dragon Magazine article that should've had a spoiler warning! Now I now what goes on and lost my interest to start book 3.

Fast Learner

First Post

I'd definitely read at least the first book before watching, it's some of the best fantasy writing of all time and I suspect it will be more enjoyable experienced at the book pace first.

Remove ads