• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GAME OF THRONES #7:-You Win or You Die ACT 7 Chapter 1-2011

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I've never quite understood why people take this position. To me, wrapping up every thread is actually unbelievable. Life doesn't stop because a book ends, so why should I see an end to a representation of life from a book? Unresolved issues, unanswered questions, and the knowledge that a character's life continues beyond the capacity for the book to detail or the reader to comprehend is far more believable than every thread being neatly tied off just because the author demands it.

Given GRRM's slavish devotion to the natural flow and ebb of the story and its characters, I think I'd actually be disappointed if he DIDN'T leave us all wondering what the fate of Westeros was.
I don't expect GRRM to wrap up every thread. But to wrap up the main threads isn't an unreasonable expectation.

I like my stories to have resolution, not just beginnings and middles with no ends.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Don't know how much I like the actor playing Tywin. Doesn't quite look as I pictured Tywin. If Max Von Sydow were 10 or 15 years younger, he would have made an awesome Tywin. Max Von Sydow has a huge screen presence and always seemed kingly and powerful. But we'll see how the actor does Tywin. He wasn't given much to do initially. He won't be real prominent until next season.

Oh I really liked him as Tywin. I especially liked the scene with him skinning and gutting the deer. Such would normally be the job of a servant (a huntsman), as few nobles would be willing to get their hands bloody, and even fewer would actually know how to properly 'break' a deer. The ritual of unbreaking a deer after a hunt was symbolic of a lord's power and prestige and usually the lord was a 'supervisor' in the affair. But not Lord Twyin. Twyin isn't afraid to get in there and get blood on his hands. He's not about to let some lackey take the honour of such an important task. He's a doer, not a talker. He's a leader, a warrior, a tactician, and he wants everyone to know it.

Taelorn76

First Post
Oh I really liked him as Tywin. I especially liked the scene with him skinning and gutting the deer. Such would normally be the job of a servant (a huntsman), as few nobles would be willing to get their hands bloody, and even fewer would actually know how to properly 'break' a deer. The ritual of unbreaking a deer after a hunt was symbolic of a lord's power and prestige and usually the lord was a 'supervisor' in the affair. But not Lord Twyin. Twyin isn't afraid to get in there and get blood on his hands. He's not about to let some lackey take the honour of such an important task. He's a doer, not a talker. He's a leader, a warrior, a tactician, and he wants everyone to know it.

I think that you are correct on this. This scene gives you a hint of what Tywin is made of. He is a man of action, not one to let others do things for him, not afraid to get his HAND dirty.;)

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
It was a good scene with Tywin. Fitting for his character.

I pictured him differently. He was one of the characters I liked. When Tywin was spoken of in the books before we met him, the story they told was of how they came into the throne room and thought the king was sitting on throne but found instead it was the King's Hand Tywin Lannister.

Maybe the guy will grow on me like the actor playing Littlefinger and Robert.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
One thing I love about Tywin (the character, will have to wait and see about the actor, although I'm confident he'll be able to pull it off... also, Sydow is almost exactly how I pictured Twyin from the books) is that he is an amalgamation of all his children. He is a skilled warrior, even at his current age and he's bold and confident like Jaime. He commands respect and obedience and has the air and attitude of royalty, like Cersei. And he is cunning and knowledgeable and able to survive through his wits and play the game to his advantage, like Tyrion.

Having said that, I'm absolutely DYING to see the scene with him on the toilet...

As I was reading the books, I always imagined Ed Harris as Tywin. Blond, cold blue eyes, balding, kind of handsome in a rugged way. Not sure how well he would do with a british accent, though.

I also envisioned Patrick Stewart as Syrio. He's bald (Syrio is in the books as well), and is a pretty good fencer. But, then again, I also thought that Patrick Stewart would make an excellent Stannis.

My fear of this series is that the second season will lose viewership due to the events at the end of Season 1. For those of you familiar with the books, you all know what's coming.

My fear of this series is that the second season will lose viewership due to the events at the end of Season 1. For those of you familiar with the books, you all know what's coming.
I have not read the books but little finger turning on Ned already has me upset... He and ros better be the ones to help Ned escape ( although they are setting it up to be the spider who does)

I just hope none of the Starks die.... Especially arya... I want her to show her father that woman can kick butt too

catsclaw227

First Post
I have not read the books but little finger turning on Ned already has me upset... He and ros better be the ones to help Ned escape ( although they are setting it up to be the spider who does)

I just hope none of the Starks die.... Especially arya... I want her to show her father that woman can kick butt too
The final two episodes of the season will be important for you. ;)

Remove ads