• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Game Scheduling for June 24-26

When CAN'T you play on the Weekend of June 24-26?

• I've got plans on Friday Night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've got things to do Saturday Afternoon

• I have some business on Saturday Afternoon and Evening

• I'll be unavailable on Sunday Afternoon

• I'm out for Sunday Afternoon and Evening

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
Ok...I guess I kinda assumed y'all wouldn't be willing to come up to Baltimore for supper. ;)
Well, all I was saying was that the closer it was, the better it would be. But you're the birthday girl! What kind of thing are you thinking? :) I mean honestly, my opinion doesn't matter all that much.

cuteasaurus

First Post
Ok, I'll give you my "vision" for an ideal restaurant...

1) not a huge chain
2) not "stuffy" (would require us to be "dressed up")
3) have food ppl would be willing to eat...or at least try ;)
4) pref. something "different" with some kind of "personality"

For example, last year I went to a Spanish tapas place and some of the dishes were "normal" (roast beef with a nice marinade) and some of the dishes were "unique" (green apple slices, olive oil, manchengo(sp?) a type of goat cheese)

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
Ok, I'll give you my "vision" for an ideal restaurant...

1) not a huge chain
2) not "stuffy" (would require us to be "dressed up")
3) have food ppl would be willing to eat...or at least try ;)
4) pref. something "different" with some kind of "personality"

For example, last year I went to a Spanish tapas place and some of the dishes were "normal" (roast beef with a nice marinade) and some of the dishes were "unique" (green apple slices, olive oil, manchengo(sp?) a type of goat cheese)
I think Liz's earlier suggestion of Founders largely fits the bill. It's not stuffy, it has some unique entrees, and while not SUPER unique, most of us have definitely not been there. And it's old. :)

cuteasaurus

First Post
I just looked it (Founders) up...is their 8pm closing time going to be an issue? I thought we were planning on being done with the gaming around 7...which wouldn't leave us a lot of time to eat if we went there.

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
I just looked it (Founders) up...is their 8pm closing time going to be an issue? I thought we were planning on being done with the gaming around 7...which wouldn't leave us a lot of time to eat if we went there.
Hmmm...potentially. I'd say to be safe we'd better look somewhere else. Damn.

cuteasaurus

First Post
Speaking of pubs... have you guys been to Pat Troy's? It's an Irish pub...Kennon will like it cuz Reagan's visited, Liz will like it because it's the "home of the unicorn" and Chris will like it because it's Irish. Most of the food is standard, but with additions like the Dublin Guinness Burger - Burger marinated in Guinness stout, served over mashed potatoes with mushrooms gravy and onion rings. $10.99 the menu isn't boring... thoughts?

Last edited:

cuteasaurus said:
Speaking of pubs... have you guys been to Pat Troy's? It's an Irish pub...Kennon will like it cuz Reagan's visited, Liz will like it because it's the "home of the unicorn" and Chris will like it because it's Irish. Most of the food is standard, but with additions like the Dublin Guinness Burger - Burger marinated in Guinness stout, served over mashed potatoes with mushrooms gravy and onion rings. $10.99 the menu isn't boring... thoughts?
We drove by it the other day and I said, "Kennon! Let's go! Do you see that unicorn?!"

So - I vote YES.

Remove ads