• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamers in Minneapolis area

Corinth

First Post
Hatchling Dragon said:
Dunno about the rest but I'm almost always working 2-10pm on Thursdays (dunno why) and haven't a clue where this 'Plan B' place is. Never really been a 'bar person' I suppose. Maybe I'll have next Thursday off 'n can give finding it a try.

Plan B is a coffee house--the former Urban Bean--located between 27th and 28th St. on Hennepin Ave. in the Uptown area of Minneapolis. Sunday-Thursday are the nights when closing time is midnight, and the minimum is $1.25 (which gets you a cup of coffee, a soda or a float; get a glass of ice water as well and you need not spend more than that all night). The crowd is quite gamer-friendly (a hardcore clique of Magic addicts plays there, and others show up to play other games now and again), there's good eye candy for whatever you like and they also serve a few sandwiches w/ either Animal Crackers or chips as well as a few types of ice cream. On-street parking usually isn't a problem, and you can sit outside.

(Friday & Saturday: Open until 1 AM)

Can you folks tell that I'm a regular?

Lady Starhawk

First Post
I wouldn't mind adding another game to my plate. I am with a (very) full gaming group that meets every Friday, so nights other than that I am open <more or less>.

I definately prefer a low-power game (no half dragon half devil devil slayers...yes this was a REAL character a guy put together in my old group, just before I left them and never looked back). I prefer a dangerous, but not 100% lethal game, (same dm wouldn't kill a character no matter what, it got extremely annoying).

I was at CONvergence too. I didn't get to any panels though :(, I was running a room party :). <The Star Wars Safehouse...ie the star wars party right next to con suite with the standees on the balcony>.

Any other places to find gamers (and games) 'round here? I'd love to hook up with some other people and game.

I haven't checked this part of the boards in a long time, so I will keep tuned in if anybody comes up with anything else. If I could get some more info on the Saturday night games at Pheonix that'd be great.

Lady Starhawk

Tyros

First Post
I would also be interested in hooking up at Phoenix games on a Saturday. I'm not big on Rifts style D&D characters, but I'm pretty open... hell, I'd just be happy not having to DM for once!

Corinth

First Post
I'll be awaiting whomever's curious enough to seek me out come Thursday, barring anything more important coming my way. (Not that much would tear me away.)

Oogar

First Post
Well, I may drop by to bother you (New to this topic), if nothing else is happening Thursday.
I run a game on Wednesdays, weekly (full). So would enjoy another chance to play. Only get to play in a small Earthdawn game, biweekly, which I help to DM on some weeks. I tried to find gamers here a few months ago, after not much response I gave up. I was waiting for a reply in "Plots and Plans" and thought I'd look, though. And this post was right up on top, Imagine that.
The game I am running is pretty much by the core rules, with anything else I don't feel uncomfortable with. I'd like to play in anything that was in that style, or even the lighter magic, heavier roleplay style. I just have a few things I would like to be able to Play for once, characters and such.
Not to mention that while I hate Coffee (I am sure that is a cardinal sin to some of you) I love games more then most other things in life. So I may dredge up a few magic cards and be amused for a little while down there, even if the D&D gaming connections don't work out well.
I'll also check back to see if there are any other offerings of happy gaming here ;)

Chimera

First Post
Sorry Corinth, I won't make it thursday, as it stands. Looks like my "every other week" (Read: 4 times in 6 months) game group is finally going to get together that night.

But who knows, there are still two more days for them to cancel it. If they do, I'll come up.

Corinth

First Post
My man John won't make it this week; his woman summoned him away. So it'll be me with the Exalted books working on the notes for my Saturday game.

Chimera

First Post
Sorry to be tired and lazy here while I rant a little. Just wanted to go off on the Clique-ish Minnesota Gamers. Hope you don't mind. (If you do, please skip reading this)

Ok, I was perfectly fine with this when it was just ME and a group of long-time friends. We didn't recruit outsiders, so we weren't hurting anyone by being clique-ish. But it's getting irritating as hell for me in dealing with my two new(er) game groups. Both are groups of long-time friends and/or they play in other games together.

My CoC group consists of the GM, his wife, a close friend, me and another guy. The other two of us are pretty much outsiders as these three aim the game at each other and constantly bring things to a halt to talk about their mutual events and acquaintences.

My D&D group consists of five guys who are playing in at least two other games with each other; and me. The game is constantly interrupted by discussion of those other games, or of their mutual events and acquaintences. I am a total outsider in the group and it's wearing on my nerves.

On top of it all, I just moved, I have been unemployed for close to a year (Tech market majorly sucks!), I'm getting married shortly (just got the license) and much much more. In short, I am too exhausted from everyday life lately to deal with this crap.

As much as my soul cries out to play! , I think I'm going to have to take some time off from gaming. Give me a month or three and I'll be casting about for new games. Games played by groups of people who have NOT been friends since High School. Heck, I might even be ready to GM again. For a group of people that I don't know, who aren't going to interupt my description of the bad guy's lair with an aside about their kids, or their vacation, or whatever.

Thanks for letting me vent. I go sleep now.

Last edited:

Remove ads