• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamers in Minneapolis area

Corinth

First Post
Oogar said:
Okie Doke. Work tonight (Graveyard) but might stop by to kill a little time before the grind.
It was damn nice to meet you, and the others thought you to be a right fine fella. You're welcome to stop by again.

As for the rest of you locals, stop by on Thursday when and if you can. If nothing else, you'll make connections with other locals who know other locals. Expanding your network of accessable gamers is always a good thing; it helps you to find the folks that you want to play with, and avoid the ones that you don't.

Last edited:

Oogar

First Post
Cimera, I totally understand where your need to vent is comming from. My Wednesday group has been together for 3 years, with only a couple changes. We would be hard to break into. Even if we wanted to have new blood, I can see how we might drive new people away. I wish you the best of luck in finding a group of new people, When you are ready.

Corinth, Thanks. I had a decent time as well. My only negatives being the drive, bug bites, and forgetting the name of the young lady who was there (never actually heard it, but when the music caused me to fail understanding it the second time it was said I gave up and tried to pretend). You are also right about the eye candy, young, waif-like, psuedo trendy, and I don't have a chance with them = perfect. The vanilla coke was decent, as well.

John Lorenzsonn

First Post
Oogar - The chica you speak of is Shawna, I'm guessing. 5'6", long red hair, boyfriend's not too much taller, has spiky black hair. Both are SCAdians.

Everyone else, for what it's worth -
I'm looking for some new people to play with, as my schedule's opened up a good bit. The ex-gf probably won't eat many more Thursdays, so there's one reason I wouldn't show gone. I should be showing up this Thursday for sure. Next week's another story, but that's due to probable moving: I'm expecting to sign a lease next week for a place that opens 8/1, which, wouldn't ya know, is a Thursday. As far as what sorts of games I'm looking for, I'll play most d20 stuff - no 7th Sea crap, though - and I'm most definitely down with Exalted. Anything else is a possibility, will discuss there, no? Means of location, as usual, is the pile of Exalted books. Otherwise, click here for a pic o' me looking unusually happy.

Corinth

First Post
This week's going good so far. The Dragonstar review for RPG Net is finished and sent into the review queue; writing it was much like pulling teeth, so I'm glad to be done with it. I got some good news about a project I contributed to a year or so ago, and I got another complimentary product today; two more on are the way. The weather looks like it will cooperate just enough this week for my needs, and I have a date near the end of the week.

All I need now is an invitation to either Skywalker Ranch or one of the big Japanese animation studios, and then my week shall be complete. (Like I couldn't wow either of them with the scores of ideas in my head.)

Last edited:

Well my week's yet again filled with work, and naturally this means I'm stuck working Thursday night.

This place sounds more like a 'younger persons' place, and here I'm an old fart of 34. Any other older gamers hanging out there, I'd hate to be the 'old man' if/when I manage to show up 'n say "Howdy!" :p

I may end up with a full-time day schedule, instead of my usual closing shift. If that goes through I'd have no problem showing up any old day of any week, but it would limit how late I'd be able to hang around, being that I"d have to get up at 5am during the week (see the 'old man reference above ;) )

As to what sorta game I'd be interested in, fairly low-key 'straight' DnD 3e suits me best. I'm not 'afraid' of House Rules, I just don't much care to start with them as it's usualy difficult to aclimate myself to non-standard rules, especially if they're the rules I have to (as Player or Character) deal with every session.

What's Exalted? I'd originaly thought, from context (and not paying enough attention, duh :p), that they were a series of Novels. Now I understand them to be rulebooks that you're using in planning/plotting your next session with.

Hatchling Dragon

John Lorenzsonn

First Post
At 34, you'd be about the age of a number of the cardfloppers. Exalted: White Wolf's latest venture into non-WoD games. It's epic fantasy with an anime/wuxia tinge to it. Prominent influences include Swordsman II, Final Fantasy VII and Ninja Scroll. A fairly good briefing on the game is available on the Wolf's website. System uses point-based chargen, Attribute+Ability(d20-speak:Ability+Skill) rolls in which a pool of d10s equal to Attribute+Ability+Specializations+Misc Mods is rolled against a target number of 7, giving you a 40% chance of gaining some degree of success per die. Well worth a look. I've found it to provide a nice, hearty, crunchy gaming experience with lots of flavor. Sleepy-time now, got a shift in less than 8 hours.

Oogar

First Post
Well, at 32 I only felt old looking at the trendy youngsters who wandered in and out. I never saw any of the card players about, hand been almost looking forward to getting a Magic game in. Maybe I just left to early, No work this Thursday, if I decide to drop by again. Mmmmm, real Vanilla Coke.

Corinth

First Post
I'm in my late '20s, so you folks aren't that old. The cardfloppers usually congregate at the bigger tables in the smoking section or on the back porch because they like their cancer sticks. I'll be there on Thursday, and I might have some new stuff to show off.

Oogar

First Post
Hehe, I only quit smoking a year and a half ago. I remember loving them for years, alas my poor cancer, I have forsaken thee.

Tyros

First Post
I'm also in my late twenties, but unfortunately I have 1-2 work pagers hermetically sealed to my hip at all times. I'd certainly like to make it down to meet a few fresh faces.

Remove ads