Games Workshop And Cubicle 7 Announce Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play 4th Edition

While details are still forthcoming, Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announced today that Cubicle 7 will be publishing a fourth edition of the classic British role-playing game, Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play. The new edition will launch "later this year." The new edition will take direction from the first and second editions of the game rather than the third edition recently published by Fantasy Flight Games.

While details are still forthcoming, Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announced today that Cubicle 7 will be publishing a fourth edition of the classic British role-playing game, Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play. The new edition will launch "later this year." The new edition will take direction from the first and second editions of the game rather than the third edition recently published by Fantasy Flight Games.

According to Cubicle 7 CEO Dominic McDowall, "Like so many gamers I grew up on Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. It's an iconic setting and I'm thrilled to be working on this new edition of the game. Our team have a huge breadth of experience with Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, and I’m excited to be able to bring the Cubicle 7 approach to the Old World. We’ll be revealing more of our plans in the coming months, so subscribe to our newsletter and keep an eye on our website!"

More details will come as we learn them.

aramis erak

Legend
Wow. Holy Thread Resurrection, Batman!
perfect excuse to post my post-purchase reactions...

I liked 3rd better. And I like Second better than third, and first better than second. Part of the joy of 1E was that it wasn't complicated.

I bought the core, and will likely buy no more of the C7 flavor of WFRP... unless there's a really good budle-of-holding or humble-book-bundle...

Retreater

Legend
I purchased the Starter Set PDF back in January 2019. I played a game of it at Origins, and liked it better in play than the Starter Set showed, so I purchased the Core Rulebook then. I finally got the chance to run the Starter Set adventure back in November, and then got a small group together to start the new edition of The Enemy Within, which I got in PDF.
Outside forces broke up the group after one session of The Enemy Within. Had it been awesome and everyone loved the game, we might've continued with a smaller group or tried to reform it. However, I think most of my players were relieved to be done with the system.

TheSword

Legend
Played a few sessions now. It’s going down very well. However it is NOT dungeons and dragons and people who come to it expecting it to be like dungeons and dragons are in for a rude awakening... and probably just won’t like it.

The Enemy Within gets the royal treatment and is well worth a proper go. Rough Nights is a Solid set of loosely linked adventures and the Ubersreik Adventures series are also good drop ins.

The quality is excellent and I can’t wait for what the next two years brings.

MGibster

Legend
I'm completely fine with a lack of magic items but when I think about all the cool things in the Warhammer fantasy setting it's disappointing that I'm stuck with playing a toll collector, an agitator, or a rat catcher (with a small but vicious dog). Hopefully 4th edition won't leave all my characters starting out covered in mud and poop.

Retreater

Legend
I'm completely fine with a lack of magic items but when I think about all the cool things in the Warhammer fantasy setting it's disappointing that I'm stuck with playing a toll collector, an agitator, or a rat catcher (with a small but vicious dog). Hopefully 4th edition won't leave all my characters starting out covered in mud and poop.
During character creation, you get the option to take a bonus to your XP if you choose to roll for your character race, career, etc. However, you can pick what you want to play and not take the bonus XP. It's completely in the player's control.

Weiley31

Legend

Yes but if you stick out being covered in Rat poop and stuff, your dog will evolve (Pokemon style) into a Large Vicious Dog!

Remove ads

Remove ads