Gaming w/Jemal : Circle of Champions OOC (Full for now)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Ahem! The robot is Canadian! ;)
Durn Canadian separatists, still pretending they're their own county.
The characters will be starting in the state of New York, which is one of the largest states in the world, comprising of about a quarter of North America, ruling over the areas formerly known as Virginia, Ohio, New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Hampshire, and the majority of what used to be the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec.
You're just lucky you're* from one of the parts of Canadia anybody even wanted. Think of those poor sods from Nunavut. We didn't want none of that. :D

*You = the robot. Not Saskatchewanians.

Jemal

Adventurer
Speaking of which, Happy Canuck day all!!

Tell me, do we feel ready to post more concrete characters in a RG yet?

*WOOT my 8000 post is happy canada day lol!*

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hmm, Interesting..
So far we have:
a magical Crystal Golem forged for war.
a technologically superior Robot forged for war.
a genetically engineered Dragon forged for war.
and an old-god whos lost most of his divinity.. (forged for war? :p)

Seems like Team Warforged might benefit from a manager. Holyman, if you're interested in the (Mostly) non-combat role, we could run over a few ideas for how/why you brought these battle-monsters together.

Interested, just still new to M&M 3e (or any version for that matter).

Had to find a cool pic (like everyone else)

darna_rebirth_by_kcireseyer-d4t01bx.jpg

Picture based of a Filipino comics superheroine created by writer Mars Ravelo and artist Nestor Redondo - Darna

[sblock=Savoir PL 8(Potential)]
STRENGTH 0 (0pts)
AGILITY 3 (6pts)
FIGHTING 1 (1pt)
AWARENESS 5 (10pts)
STAMINA 2 (4pts)
DEXTERITY 3 (6pts)
INTELLECT 0 (0pts)
PRESENCE 6 (12pts)

POWERS
Move Object 8 (16 pts)Control Standard Ranged Sustained Strength 2 per ran
Force Field 10 (10 pts)Defense Free Personal Sustained — 1 per rank
Flight 3 (6 pts) Movement (Free Personal Sustained — 2 per rank
Snare Attack 5 (15 pts)Standard Ranged Instant Dodge 3 per rank

ADVANTAGES
Contacts, Defensive Roll x3, Fascinate:persausion x2,

EQUIPMENT - none

SKILLS
Acrobatics 0 (+3)
Athletics 1 (+1)
Close Combat 0 (+1)
Deception 0 (+6)
Expertise:Current Event 1 (+1)
Insight 5 (+10)
Intimidation 0 (+6)
Investigation 1 (+6)
Perception 10 (+15)
Persuasion 10 (+16)
Ranged Combat 0 (+3)
Sleight of Hand 0 (NA)
Stealth 1 (+4)
Technology 1 (+1)
Treatment 0 (NA)
Vehicles 0 (+3)

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +3

DEFENSE

DODGE 5 (+2pt)
FORTITUDE 6 (+4pts)
PARRY 1(+0pts)
TOUGHNESS 4 (7 with Defensive Roll) (+2 pts)
WILL 10 (+5pts)

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation: Cause
Rivalry: The Red Star Reavers (Russian group)
Not yet complete

Power Point Summary: Abilities 39 PP + Defense 13 PP + Skills 15 PP + Advantages 6 PP + Powers 47 PP = 75 PP [/sblock]

KerlanRayne

Explorer
I had an idea for a concept. It's basically a battlesuit character.

He's an ex military man, probably a conglomerate's military. He was injured in an accident which left him paraplegic, possibly quadriplegic. The battlesuit has a neural interface that let's him control it as if it was his own body, so it's his only way of moving around now.

His brother worked with him and adapted the suit for him. His brother blamed himself for the accident but it turned out to be sabotage by a rival conglomerate. So they have an enemy and a target to go after.

He would have high Fighting and Awareness. Most of his physical stats would be very low and have to be covered by the suit. I was thinking a kind of Megaman type blaster with various alternate effects as well.

I have never played this system before but it seems very similar to the Hero/Champions system. I would need help statting this up.

What do you think?

Jemal

Adventurer
Rayne - A mega man styled battlesuit? You definitely came to the right place.
Tell me, is the 'suit' just a descriptor for his powers or can it be taken away? IE is he always in the suit?
There are two ways to go about it - one is the removable/device route, which lowers the cost of any powers the suit provides, but makes it so that the suit can (and probably will) be taken away from you sometimes.

The other is to just make it a 'power loss' complication, which makes it less likely/harder to loose the suit, but you dont get the cost deduction to the powers, instead gaining a hero point whenever I inconvenience you by taking it Away.

Joker - any more details? Not exactly sure what you mean by "Psion/arcane hybrid born of talent"

All : I think with that we're done recruiting. We got like 6-7 characters, let's get them sheets posted and looked over. :)

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
I just checked and we're now up to 7, I hadn't planned on more than 5 or 6.

Hafrogman were you planning on doing the out of arena manager or joining them in the arena?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Thanks haHolyfrogMan :p

The manager I was thinking of support during combat.

Boxing in or keeping out minions while the big guys deal the major damage.

HM

Remove ads