• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming w/Jemal : Circle of Champions OOC (Full for now)

Jemal

Adventurer
Lol sorry for the mixup, posting from phone.

I was just thinking avg team size is gonna be 5.
With that in mind, most of your fights will be against smaller teams of more powerful characters.

Jemal

Adventurer
Two More Things:
First, the Rogue's Gallery thread is up, please post what you have so far to there so I can go over it.

Secondly, I've changed the thread title to what I've chosen for the game name : Circle of Champions

BBs

First Post
One thing I forgot to do was add two complications, if that's okay:

Machine: This unit cannot be healed by normal ways. It can only be repaired.
Secret: This unit has a few secrets that wishes not to share.

Not sure if constructs get healed by resting, but I doubt that, heh.

Jemal

Adventurer
Actually the healing part is already covered under constructs, you don't naturally heal without a stamina score.

Jemal

Adventurer
Alright, going through guys in the RG one at a time :
First up, Hafrogman :

And first of all, I love your layout, easy to read, has all the costs listed. Very similar to how I write mine. Great. :D

Blast 8 (16 pp)
- Fire Breath
- Area: Cone
- Fades
Just making sure you know the 'fades' will make this go down one damage rank each time its used, and recharging is an out of combat thing (So the second time you fire breath in a combat will be a rank 7 damage, then 6, etc).
Also, how'd you figure the 16pp cost with area: Cone(+1/rank) and Fades(-1/rank). Unless you're using Area twice(Which should be listed), it should be 8. (1 for damage, +1 area, -1 fades = 1/rank X 8 = 8.
Flight 2 (2pp)
- Wings
Growth 2 (4pp)
- Permanent
Immunity 2 (2pp)
- Aging
- Altitude Sickness
Protection 5 (5pp)
Super Senses 1 (1 pp)
- Low-light Vision
Strike 3
- Claws
All fine, but you may wish to add Innate to these to represent them being part of you, otherwise they could be nullified/counted by special powers.
If you want to put it all into one "Dragon physical traits" 'container' I'll let you just buy Innate for the whole once.
ADVANTAGES: (13 pp)
Benefit (Wealth) 2
Connected
Eidetic Memory
Fearless
Improved Trip
Instant Up
Jack of all Trades
Languages 4
Well Informed
How have you gained your wealth? is it stock holdings, shares in a company, an actual pile of gold, people that owe you?
Why/how does he have connections? Do they know who/what he is or are they online connections from the techno-info-dragon?
Also please specify which languages before the game starts. :)

I AM the last one! (Or not)
As a notable and somewhat famous member of a rare or possibly legendary species, Jonathan attracts quite a bit of attention. Some of it isn't positive attention . . . people who seek fame as 'The Dragonslayer', mages who are convinced his scales or blood hold arcane secrets, not to mention anyone who knows of his true origins.

Primal Quixotic Reversal
Dragons fight knights, it's what they do. Jonathan's issue lies more in his compulsive need to see knights everywhere he goes. Men on horseback . . . or motorcycles. People with lances . . . or anything long and even vaguely spear-like. Notable classic film actor, Sir Alec Guinness. . . etc, etc.

Hungry Like the Wolf
Jonathan is quite young for a dragon, and as a growing boy, he needs his nourishment. He has a prodigious appetite and likes to indulge it with regular frequency. Without food he will quickly grow surly, lose the ability to breathe fire, and eventually prioritize his hunger above all other goals.
One geek point for the references. :)

COST SUMMERY:
Abilities 60 pp + Powers 33 pp + Advantages 13 pp + Skills 11 pp + Defense 13 pp = 130 pp
It's spelled summary with an a. :p sorry, you didn't leave me much to nitpick, so Spelling Nazi ho!

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Next up, Voda Vosa!

Complications
Enemy : The god of Death is not quite pleased to see the thief of the ancient god's bones walking free again
Weakness : Radiant attacks are devastatingly effective against Xolotl
Obsession : Regain his powers
Secret : Xolotl must keep his goals a secret, no one would like what he has in store for the world.
Only question here is on 'radiant'. Does that mean sun based, any light based, or things that are specifically 'radiant' descriptor?

- Eternal ( Feature (Immortality 3) : Returns after 4 days. Limited: Disintegrated, or teared in more than 10 pieces ) · 1 point/s
Not sure how you got 1 point, Immortality is 2/rank, Limited reduces it to 1/rank, so three ranks would be 3pp.

- God's portfolio ( Magic 12 : 0 ) · 29 point/s
- Pain of the dying ( Affliction 8 : 1: Dazed; 2: Stunned; 3: Paralyzed. Resisted: Will. Extras: Burst area, Increased Range. ) · 0 point/s
- Call Lightning ( Blast 8 : Electricity. Multiattack 8 ) · 0 point/s
- Grasp of the Dying ( Damage 8 : Selective; Cloud Area ) · 0 point/s
- Drain soul ( Weaken 11 : Affects will, resisted by will. Increased Range, accurate ) · 0 point/s
- Thief of the Gods ( Alternate form (shadow) : Concealment 4 (All gustatory and all olfactory); Immunity 10 (Entrapment, all enviromental); Movement 3 (Slithering, Wall crawling 2, Trackless) ) · 0 point/s
OK, the big one..
I believe you overpayed by one for this. It should be 24 (2/rank) + 1/alt power. You pick one of the powers to be the primary (Which you pay for) and then pay one for each additional power (4 others), for a total cost of 28.
What's the descriptor for the damage on Grasp of the Dying? Poison?

Thief of the gods - a few questions/comments about this one.
Is the alt form (Shadow) Identical to the example in the book, and then the rest is added on? Or are the listed powers replacing those in the book, but the descriptor is still 'shadow'?
Also, concealment : Gustatory? So in other words, he's tasteless? lol.. Amusing, but I honestly cant think of a time that would come into play.. if you want to be 'tasteless' I'd allow that for a 1pt feature.. Smell, I can see mattering. If you're going for concealment from snakes, I'm going to be ruling their 'tongue sense' as primarily scent based for this campaign.
Immunities - Environmental effects by itself is 10 ranks, Entrapment is another 5 for 15 total immunity.
Movement should be 4 (Slithering, Wall Crawling 2, Trackless.)

- Master Spell weaver ( Quickness 8 : Limited to Rituals ) · 2 point/s
Limited to one task is -2/rank, which would take Quickness to 1/3 not 1/4, making 8 ranks cost 3. You could get 6 for 2, or go up to 9 for still 3.

Advantages ( 14 pp)
0 0 , All out attack 1 , Edietic memory 1 , Fearless 1 , Ritualist 1 , Improved aim 1 , Evasion 1 , Move-by action 1 , Improved Init. 1 , Power attack 1 , Ranged attack 2 , Luck 2 , Sneak attack 1.
Only note here is that they actually don't have a Sneak Attack advantage anymore in 3e. I'll allow it as a variant/benefit/whatever, but like the other damage bonus advantages(Throwing mastery, improvised weapons), it won't be allowed to break PL.

The rest is fine.

Jemal

Adventurer
Walking Dad, you're the next contestant on "The Character is done?"!

First note : You didn't specify trait. I can tell its powerful b/c you have 130pp, but please note it somewhere near the beginning of the sheet. :D
ABILITIES
STRENGTH 7/11
STAMINA 5/9
AGILITY 2
DEXTERITY 0
FIGHTING 5
INTELLECT 0
AWARENESS 2
PRESENCE 0

42 PP
I presume the numbers for str/stam after the / are with the powers, and before are what you paid for? seems to be what the cost would indicate.

POWERS

Crystal Growth (27):
Damage 0 (strength-based, multiattack 11, penetrating 11, variable 1) (23)
AP: Create Object 8 (Crystal; continuous, close, impervious, precise, accurate 2) (1)
AP: Damage 0 (strength-based, ranged on 10, accurate 3, variable 1) (1)
AP: Damage 0 (strength-based, cone 1 (on 8 ranks), selective on 8 ranks, variable 1) (1)
AP: Encase: Affliction 11 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized), Cumulative, Extra Condition, Limited Degree (1)
What's the description on the various damage attacks? shoot spikes, form daggers, cause stalagmites to jut from the ground?
*Edit: N/m just noticed the variable 1 on all of them, so the answer to my question is "yes, all of those" lol*
For the create object, keep in mind 'close' means you have to form it so that it's in contact with you, not just 'near' you (Unless you apply the * flat modifier)
Why do you Accurate 2 on Create? (A non-attack ability)
Encase - Overcome by damage. I assume this replaces the normal 'save' to recover from an affliction with a 'use your damage ranks to break free' style effect? Or is it a limit that allows others to attempt to break the target free with their damage? Cost would seem to indicate the former, as you don't need a limit to fit it within the 23pt cost limit.

Crystal Body (35):
Growth 4 (Permanent) (8)
Enhanced Traits (Dodge 2, Parry 2) (4)
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 11; Drawback: Noticeable) (12)
Immunity (life support, aging, emotion effects, need for sleep) (17)
Senses 2 (darkvision) (2)
As I said to Hafrogman, I'll allow you to put these in a 'crystal body' container and add Innate for a single point if you wish.

Complications:
Unusual Form: His abnormal height and weight gives him problems fitting with most normal equipment and entrances.
Vulnerability: His toughness is not impervious to sonic attacks.
Prejudice: He looks like a "thing", not a living/thinking creature.
The abnormal height and weight of 'unusual form' thing isn't a complication, as that's already a built-in drawback of the Growth power.
Also the vulnerability is very limited. as your impervious only works against rank 6 or lower attacks, it'll only come into play if you get hit by a rank 6 or lower sonic attack (As a larger one would not be affected by the impervious anyways).
The prejudice is ok, but in this era of weird and crazy stuff, it's about the equivalent of being black today - people aren't going to run screaming or attack you on sight, but you'll likely experience some prejudice.
Finally, you need a motivation complication.

Jemal

Adventurer
At this stage, a brief interlude to make a couple notes.
First, as several of you are playing larger characters, Keep in mind that Growth also gives increases to Intimidation, Mass, and size, and decreases to stealth.

Second, seems everybody's taking the combat feats (Accurate, all-out, power attack). I'd kinda expected a couple, but I'd prefer if everybody didn't take more than two or 3 of them.

Remove ads