Gaming w/Jemal : Circle of Champions OOC (Full for now)

Jemal

Adventurer
Joker - I should be able to handle it, go ahead and post up a character.

Voda Vosa - My bad about the immortality, sry I forgot I'd said that, I'd meant just take Feature: immortality, and I'll deal with the specifics in game, it wont' be exactly like the immortality power, I want to have a bit more control over the duration dependant upon HOW you die (If you die).

Kerlan -
Alright, first thing : I'd prefer if the name wasn't so... directly Samus. No problems with appearance/powers being similar, but I prefer characters to be their OWN character, not just a copy of some other character, and it'll be very hard to distinguish 'Sam' when even the name is almost identical.

Stats : I understand the non-abilitys in STR, DEX, AGI being the 'completely paralyzed' thing without the suit, but I must ask why he's got 8 Fgt and awareness? That's a decidedly superhuman amount of combat skill, wisdom, and intuition.

Also why do the motors only give him the most basic adult level of maneuverability and strength? Even with his high-tech suit, Sam is just as strong as random janitor.

Battlesuit :
As far as the camouflage, you're probably looking at Concealment : Visual (rank 2), possibly with the Blending flaw (you 'blend' like a chameleon, but can't move faster than ground speed-1 while blending).
If you want all visual senses (Including special ones like Infravision, X-ray, etc) it'll be Concealment 4, costing 6 pts, 2 with blending.
For just normal sight it'll be Concealment 2, cost 1 pt. (w/o blending required)

for the rest of the suit :
Armor - I can see armor improving your Toughness with Protection, or even giving you enhanced Fort saves, but suits don't generally flat out improve stamina..

Translator - Comprehend is 2/rank, so your translator with 4 ranks (2 for language 2 for machines) would cost 8 points not 4.

Life support is an already listed Immunity for 10 points granting Immunity to Disease, poison, all environmental conditions, suffocation, starvation, and thirst.

Arm Cannon - Mostly good, just a couple comments about the force blade -
reach 2 extends your reach to 15 ft... Sam's essentially wielding a 10 foot + sword?
Secondly, I would suggest throwing one or two ranks of Improved Crit onto the blade to give it... well, a purpose. As it stands, it's just a shorter range version of your primary attack, with no reason to use it over the other except style. I'm all for making an attack b/c it's cool but you should also try to give each different attack it's own niche, so that there's a further reason beyond 'because it looks cool'.
a rank or two in Improved crit would give the sword a bit more 'deadly' feeling, increasing the chance for it to inflict a more lethal wound than the shot, which has the benefit of range.

So far, without the camouflage, the suit costs 134 points (Without any of the changes listed above). with the -1/5 for removable, that would get you a 26 discount, reducing the cost to 108, though this will likely change with the suit alterations.

Takedown (And this is a note to everybody)- This feat will be practically useless unless I happen to decide to add a summoner as one of your opponents. The Arena isn't about wading through minions, its about facing off with other champions just as powerful as yourselves... Actually, with the size of your team, you'll more often be facing STRONGER opponents to keep the teams balanced.

Skills - Your skills are pretty low for the power level - the skill cap is 18 (10 + PL) and your highest is +8 (this does not apply to combat skills).

offense :
You haven't actually bought any skill/ability that would give you a bonus to your arm cannon attacks. Ranged attacks are based off the Dexterity stat and Ranged Attack advantage. Improving specific attacks can be done through the Accurate power feat (An extra that can be added to an attack power) or by buying a specific skill... In this case, the skills "Energy cannon", "Rapid Fire", and "Flash Bomb". (Force bomb, being area, does not require an attack check)

Complications - Disability actually isn't a proper complication b/c you've already received the bonus points for having those null ability scores. If you loose the suit, you don't gain a hero point for being 'disabled'. If the disability affects you ASIDE from that, or if it somehow affects you when you have the suit on, THEN it would be worth a hero point.

As a final note, with Sam's low INT and Tech skills, who designed the suit for him?

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Alright, first thing : I'd prefer if the name wasn't so... directly Samus. No problems with appearance/powers being similar, but I prefer characters to be their OWN character, not just a copy of some other character, and it'll be very hard to distinguish 'Sam' when even the name is almost identical.
Yeah, I understand. I'm just not very good with names and it was a kind of spur of the moment idea. How about Johnny Corgan instead. Completely original.
Stats : I understand the non-abilitys in STR, DEX, AGI being the 'completely paralyzed' thing without the suit, but I must ask why he's got 8 Fgt and awareness? That's a decidedly superhuman amount of combat skill, wisdom, and intuition.
This guy is a former soldier. Very good at his job but got injured in a weapons test gone bad. I picture the fight scenes from movies like The Rundown or The Transporter. I'll split these up some between him and the suit.
Also why do the motors only give him the most basic adult level of maneuverability and strength? Even with his high-tech suit, Sam is just as strong as random janitor.
My plan was for the suit to be built more for speed and maneuverability rather than strength. It'll change a bit anyway.
As far as the camouflage, you're probably looking at Concealment : Visual (rank 2), possibly with the Blending flaw (you 'blend' like a chameleon, but can't move faster than ground speed-1 while blending).
If you want all visual senses (Including special ones like Infravision, X-ray, etc) it'll be Concealment 4, costing 6 pts, 2 with blending.
For just normal sight it'll be Concealment 2, cost 1 pt. (w/o blending required)
OK, thanks for that
Armor - I can see armor improving your Toughness with Protection, or even giving you enhanced Fort saves, but suits don't generally flat out improve stamina..
OK, some of this I'm still trying to figure out.
Translator - Comprehend is 2/rank, so your translator with 4 ranks (2 for language 2 for machines) would cost 8 points not 4.
Life support is an already listed Immunity for 10 points granting Immunity to Disease, poison, all environmental conditions, suffocation, starvation, and thirst.
Gotcha!
Arm Cannon - Mostly good, just a couple comments about the force blade - reach 2 extends your reach to 15 ft... Sam's essentially wielding a 10 foot + sword?
Secondly, I would suggest throwing one or two ranks of Improved Crit onto the blade to give it... well, a purpose. As it stands, it's just a shorter range version of your primary attack, with no reason to use it over the other except style. I'm all for making an attack b/c it's cool but you should also try to give each different attack it's own niche, so that there's a further reason beyond 'because it looks cool'.
a rank or two in Improved crit would give the sword a bit more 'deadly' feeling, increasing the chance for it to inflict a more lethal wound than the shot, which has the benefit of range.
Sorry, I was thinking about 10' reach. Guess it would only be Reach 1 then. Good suggestions about the Crit thing, I like it.
So far, without the camouflage, the suit costs 134 points (Without any of the changes listed above). with the -1/5 for removable, that would get you a 26 discount, reducing the cost to 108, though this will likely change with the suit alterations.

Skills - Your skills are pretty low for the power level - the skill cap is 18 (10 + PL) and your highest is +8 (this does not apply to combat skills).
I didn't fill the out completely. I wanted to see how bad I has messed anything up before allocating all of my points.
You haven't actually bought any skill/ability that would give you a bonus to your arm cannon attacks. Ranged attacks are based off the Dexterity stat and Ranged Attack advantage. Improving specific attacks can be done through the Accurate power feat (An extra that can be added to an attack power) or by buying a specific skill... In this case, the skills "Energy cannon", "Rapid Fire", and "Flash Bomb". (Force bomb, being area, does not require an attack check)
I have the Ranged Attack listed under the Tactical Computer on the suit. Also, Flash bomb is an area affect as well.
Complications - Disability actually isn't a proper complication b/c you've already received the bonus points for having those null ability scores. If you loose the suit, you don't gain a hero point for being 'disabled'. If the disability affects you ASIDE from that, or if it somehow affects you when you have the suit on, THEN it would be worth a hero point.

As a final note, with Sam's low INT and Tech skills, who designed the suit for him?
The suit was designed by his brother, a military scientist. I may switch the Disability to something having to do with his brother. I'll update the above sheet with corrections and more background.

Jemal

Adventurer
Yeah, I understand. I'm just not very good with names and it was a kind of spur of the moment idea. How about Johnny Corgan instead. Completely original.

I actually kinda liked Sam as a nod, twas more the full "Sam Aran". If you wanted to go with Sam Corgan or some such that'd be fine, or Johnny's good too. :D

This guy is a former soldier. Very good at his job but got injured in a weapons test gone bad. I picture the fight scenes from movies like The Rundown or The Transporter. I'll split these up some between him and the suit.

How bout some REAL fight scenes, like Taken? :)P) He could give Liam Neeson a run for his money!

My plan was for the suit to be built more for speed and maneuverability rather than strength. It'll change a bit anyway.
You don't have to change it, if you want speed & Manueverability by all means go ahead, I was just curious.

Sorry, I was thinking about 10' reach. Guess it would only be Reach 1 then. Good suggestions about the Crit thing, I like it.

Yeah, reach INCREASES reach by 5' per rank. A normal close attack can reach people within ~ 5'.
As far as the Crit, just don't go overboard. I'd rather not see '15-20' threat ranges.

I have the Ranged Attack listed under the Tactical Computer on the suit. Also, Flash bomb is an area affect as well.
Missed those, sorry.

Jemal

Adventurer
OK, so who do I need to go over still/again? And I'd like an update on who thinks their character is 'complete' enough to begin initial in character roleplaying/setup?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I have been waiting to go last as mine might have the most mistakes.

I just posted to the RG. Still need a few more Complications.

HM

Remove ads