• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal - FinalFantasy D&D (Going Again!)

Jemal

Adventurer
The Brethren Court

They're from Pirates of the Caribbean 3.
IMPORTANT NOTE: I'm stuck at camp for another 2-3 weeks still, and won't be able to see Pirates until after that. Anybody spoiling any part of the show for me WILL regret it. :]

Warlocklord - No, they don't really. the LA is designed b/c of their special abilities. If you'd like to talk about alterations to the Drow (lowered LA, different abilities, etc, etc) we can figure out something more to your liking.

Besides, level buyoff becomes basically Free Level Adjustment the higher you go. I've decided recently that I don't like it. (If people are willing to spend the 2000 XP on WISH to get a +1 to a single stat, why not just spend a few XP on buying off a +1 LA template that gives a LOT more than that?)

Arkhandus

First Post
I'll post some or all of my character concepts over the weekend, when their basic ideas and expected classes/races are determined. I'm working on 'em, but I was busy the past two days so didn't get much done then. Also, I'll probably submit character ideas for the rich person and white mage roles, since it seems I have competitors for both the mascot and best friend/relative roles. :heh: But I really like playing the oddballs. :D

TheMagician

First Post
Just out of curiosity, Jemal, could anyone play an evoker/summoner? A sorcerer with all his spell slots filled up with summon monster, and other conjurations, could probably pass as a summoner. Or, of course, the wizards with his school specialty in conjuration.

Sound good? I'll put up some character information later if the summoner type character is OK-ed, this looks like a lot of fun!

Jemal

Adventurer
TheMagician - Definitely! I think there are some good PrC's for a Summoner, too.
Anyone else have any ideas for our intrepid Summoner? (I'll work up a special ability, but I think it should be fairly easy.. Unique, powerful Summons. (Not Spells, but X/day things. The normal summons would be as the spells, and you'd be allowed to take other spells, as normal summoners can cast black magic).

Of note to others:
A Red Mage (Mystic Theurge maybe?) Would also be cool, If anybody wants to try that route.

Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
Could we try the drow with only a +1 LA? The +2 is a bit much, as, after spell resistance (I'll grant that this is powerful enough to warrant +1, despite screwing over your self-buffs) there's nothing to warrant a level adjustment.

Last edited:

Remove ads