Gaming W/Jemal - FinalFantasy D&D (Going Again!)

Darimaus

First Post
I would like to join and play a blink dog mascot. I'd like to go along the lines of a druid/master of many forms or lion of Talsid, depending on what level you decide on.

Avatar was an interesting creature, living deep in the wild with a lively group of humans, and trained to have an unusual sense of intelligence about him. However, one day a group of soldiers came and took his family and friends away, leaving him alone in the world. His innate sense of changing his form allowed him to venture on into cities and towns, but his unusual nature prevented him from making any friends. However, one day he would find a group of people who could like him for who he was, and then he could find his place in life...

My next concept will be a young girl filling the role of blackmage. She'll probably be a sorc caster, though I can't say what specific classes she takes until I get a level.

Mia Erabell was a young street urchin all her life. But deep inside, she knew she was special. She could do things that nobody else could. Even if society looked down on her, she would be somebody some day. A master of a power she has very little knowledge of, she is a arcane caster with much untapped destructive potential. Her curiousity has her ending up in places she shouldn't be, but her good will and innocence allows her to make friends with anyone who can see past her social status.

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Swordsman/Main Character & Love Interest

Here are two archetypes as requested. I used the first one's name in the second one's background as a placeholder. I have given a bit of background and a bit of personality as well as class, ability order (from highest to lowest), and suggested feats:

Swordsman/Main Character: Gort lives in a small village his aging uncle Percius. His uncle has taught Gort in the ways of the sword so that one day he might fulfill his legacy. A legacy that Gort knows nothing of. Gort is a bit hot-headed when it comes to situations. He often acts before thinking. Something that tends to land him into more combat situations then he should. All the better to practice his sword skills. Class: Fighter; Abilities: STR, CON, CHA, DEX, INT, WIS; Feats: Mainly melee feats - Power Attack, Weapon Focus, Cleave, etc.

Love Interest: Leita has grown up in the same town as Gort and has always secretly loved him. She is an accomplished woodsman and constant companion of Gort. She cannot see herself ever leaving his side. She is even tempered and cheerful, except when it comes to her love for Gort. Class: Ranger (archery); Abilities: DEX, CHA, CON, INT, WIS, STR; Feats: Mainly ranged feats - Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Precise Shot, etc.

Darimaus

First Post
Alrighty, I've been holding off on posting the stats on the Lion of Talsid Class I want to play cause I won't have my BoED on hand for a couple of days. If I do get selected, and we're high enough level for me to use it, I'll post it and ask if thats all right with you Jemal.

Brother Allard

First Post
Aluf (relative): seasoned veteran and uncle to the swordsman, Aluf has seen it all. He regards the swordsman as a hotheaded kid with a destiny likely to overwhelm him if he isn't properly guided, and he intends to make sure that doesn't happen. He may have been the first to put a sword in the swordsman's hands. Classes: probably cleric, might multiclass with a martial class. May advance him to middle-aged.

Still working on a second concept.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I will keep just Mun Thot because I don't like to submit more than one pc... Don't know why ... probably because I catch the game thinking "Wow, a xxxxx will be great to play in this adventure!" and stick with the idea. Hope to be chosen =)

Jemal

Adventurer
Well, you don't HAVE two have to concepts, guys, that was just a suggestion b/c I'd prefer it if you had a fallback position, specifically those of you applying for Main Character, BestFriend/Relative, Face, and Mascot. There can be only 1 of each of those. The other types are open house, but those 4 roles are one of a kind, and I'll be choosing the best/Coolest in each.

ALSO, Important Updates:

I've narrowed the level down, it'll be 8-10. (I'm deciding if I want you guys to have access to 5th lvl spells yet).

I've also come up with a basis for the campaign, and I'll fill in details and history around your characters (Would be MORE than happy for any assistance and input!).
The world is similar to most Final Fantasy worlds.. Part Tech, Part Magic. The area you're starting in has a few countries, each of which has varying levels of advancement in Technology and Magic.

The basic premise is that the area is being invaded by a powerful southern country, which has the most powerful Tech, pretty powerful magic, and a large well-trained army. They've been slowly advancing for the last few years, and rather than try to stop them (Which seems impossible, nothing that goes south comes back), some of the governments have found an uninhabited land far to the West, across the Ocean.
The Main group will be approached (details filled in when Party decided) with the task of guiding (And Guarding) a group towards a waiting ship at the Main Harbour City, So they can begin moving into this far away land and get the best settlement spots before the other country's do.
The journey is Aprox 3-6 weeks long for the caravan (Depending on Route, Delays, etc)
Party will have to contend with Bandits, Monsters, Advanced Raiding Party's from the South, and of course the Other Countries, who want to get there first. Also Weather, delays, etc from the caravan.

As with most Final Fantasy games, however, there's always more to it than meets the eye, but that's how it begins.

*Party makeup will, of course, change stuff*

(BTW, Anybody know a good source that doesn't require downloading that I could use to punch up a map? I'd rather not try doing it with Paint, but I'm gonna need to give you an overland map so you can decide where to go at certain points)

-SIN-

First Post
Jemal said:
There can be only 1 of each of those. The other types are open house, but those 4 roles are one of a kind, and I'll be choosing the best/Coolest in each.

ME, ME, ME!

Actually, for the 'face' you should hold a face-off... A debate/arguement on a topic of your choice, and whether we argue for or against said topic! Could be fun!!

Jemal said:
(BTW, Anybody know a good source that doesn't require downloading that I could use to punch up a map? I'd rather not try doing it with Paint, but I'm gonna need to give you an overland map so you can decide where to go at certain points)

No. But, why not use Google Earth to take screenshots (I know it requires a DL, but you don't need to edit it at all)... I'm sure if you gave us a map showing only a partial coastline, we wouldn't know the difference if you took off all the tags...

This isn't great, but here: EXAMPLE MAP

Or if you can't/don't have that - ask one of us to provide it. I'd be more than happy to help.

Last edited:

Remove ads