• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Legends (3.5e d&D) *Recruitment Closed*

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
If the sword was brought in, I could analyze dweomer on it as well so we'd know what we are dealing with there...

Jemal?

masterwork, if that, is my guess. he dropped it at first chance he got and the seer said that rho and aust love to screw with peoples minds so it was probly just for show.

edit: heres a new thought sword could be cursed. i know thats what i'd do if i carried a weapon that i wouldn't need and had money to burn. backbiting or something

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
If it was a ture cursed weapon he would not have been able to drop it at will. Also, i was the one to remember that sword in the first place :p I think it could be a specialized weapon of some sort, that would not be of use in the current fight.

Jemal

Adventurer
He could've had a 'remove curse' cast, but still be carrying it around waiting for the chance to dump it on someone. ;) Not that I'ld ever do that to my PC's...

As far as loot goes, as flesh stated: Hat of disguise, Sword(unknown), Armour(Evil artifact), and 50GP (Raven sleight of handed so nobody else knows about it). This encounter was pretty light loot-wise, because the bear was the only one you could loot. Future endeavours will be more profitable, I promise. :)

Also, I need to know who's helping the elder and who's not: Chevik is, I presume the non-casters are sleeping - I just need a final word on Sila and Sigil (And knowledge checks if they plan on helping).

Shayuri

First Post
Hahaha

After looking at Sigil's sheet, I realize she's no sage. She depended on her staff to do research and such. Tatterdemalion's actually much better with knowledge than she is. All Sigil has is Knowledge: The Planes...and only +5 bonus at that.

I think Sigil will go play hostess for the folks that want to stay in Bramble overnight, and leave the research to people who are good at it. :)

Myth and Legend

First Post
Ok Jemal how long does Sila need to meditate to regain her spells? She does not need to sleep (being Elven first off and then being an Elemental Savant she does not need to meditate as Elves do even). Based on that she could help to some extent, but she would be useless withouts spells tomorow, plus i want to rearrange some spells for her. Tell me how many checks can she make.

Jemal

Adventurer
Myth - PHB pg 178, under rest requirements: "If the character does not need to sleep for some reason, he/she still must have 8 hours of restful calm before preparing any spells." their definition of rest is "does not need to slumber, but must refrain from movement, combat, spellcasting, skill use, conversation, or any other fairly demanding physical or mental task during the rest period".
After resting, a wizard must study his/her spellbook to prepare any spells that day. The process takes 1 hour.

So basically, a wizard needs 9 uninterupted hours of "Leave me the hell alone" time every day, regardless of whether they sleep or not.

*Sorcerors/bards need 8 hours 15 minutes.*

Also, I need a specified 'time of day' for Chevik to pray for his spells (Which takes an hour but does not require rest and has to be done at the same time every day if physically possible) - I presume "dawn"?

Remove ads