• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Legends (3.5e d&D) *Recruitment Closed*

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Jemal - Any chance that Chevik would have seen the sword as it was brought in and be able to use the Analyze dweomer on it?

If not I can use my Identify (Ex) ability if necessary

ethandrew

First Post
There is a wondrous item in Complete Mage (pg. 132) called Heward's Fortifying Bedroll. It's pretty handy and very inexpensive. I'd recommend it for those who need a full 8-hours to recuperate spells.

Description: Heward's Fortifying Bedroll grants you the benefits of a full 8 hours rest - including the elimination of fatigue and exhaustion, natural healing, and the ability to prepare or ready arcane spells - over the course of a single hour. Spells cast within the last 8 hours still count against your daily limit as normal.

After using Heward's Fortifying Bedroll, you can't gain the same benefit (either from the same or a different item) until 48 hours have passed.

Cost: 3,000gp.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Hmm Complete Mage is filled with imbalanced things methinks. Plus it's not one of the original Complete series, don't know if Jemal will allow it. He did not allow the Book of nine swords, and CM sounds worse (judging from the things posted around the net. Some nasty PRCs tere as well)

stupid site eat my previous post, or i can't find it... did any one read my post on cursed items after i mentioned them the first time? no? i'll just state some of it again, cursed items actually have no limitations on picking them up or putting them down, for the most part. there are a few that do but they are the exeption. for the most part they are single use or only activate under certain conditions, like +5 bracers that function as per normal but if facing cr equal or greater then level then become a -5 and 'THEN' being unable to be removed, or a sword that attacks any one that uses it. cursed items are more situational then people think, also not all cursed items can be bad, part of curses are items that function differently, yes a wand that identifies as a cure wand but actually casts fire ball could be bad the first time, but after that you have a wand of fire ball that is in disguise if some one reads your magic items.
for record identify has %=to caster lv to identify cursed items propperly Analyze dweomer show true nature Cursed Items :: d20srd.org
oh and Book of nine is way worse then complete

Myth - PHB pg 178, under rest requirements: "If the character does not need to sleep for some reason, he/she still must have 8 hours of restful calm before preparing any spells." their definition of rest is "does not need to slumber, but must refrain from movement, combat, spellcasting, skill use, conversation, or any other fairly demanding physical or mental task during the rest period".
After resting, a wizard must study his/her spellbook to prepare any spells that day. The process takes 1 hour.

So basically, a wizard needs 9 uninterupted hours of "Leave me the hell alone" time every day, regardless of whether they sleep or not.

*Sorcerors/bards need 8 hours 15 minutes.*

Also, I need a specified 'time of day' for Chevik to pray for his spells (Which takes an hour but does not require rest and has to be done at the same time every day if physically possible) - I presume "dawn"?

and if you cast both divine and arcane you get the bonus of adding the two, is that not correct?... /sigh on best case senario it takse raven 9 hours 15 minutes a day for his spells, thats if both arcane classes time stacks and both divine casters time stacks and if assassin takes the bard time, which it casts like... Raven will take dawn for his time of prayer, midnight be nicer but that means screwed up sleep schedual and spells cast after 4 pm count against his daily limit when he perpares them at midnight and i wish i could get twilight but then spells cast after noon would count ... again /sigh

Jemal

Adventurer
And if you were to read "That" post again(Or just finish reading this one. ;)) you'd now see that I'm back, at least partially. My headaches have calmed down to slightly less than constant debilitation, so I'm going to try easing back into things.

Ishalleatyourflesh, if you wish to 'pray' for your spells at twilight, feel free and we'll just say that game-mechanic wise even though you do your 'prayer' before bed, the spells refresh when you wake up.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Glad to see your back in action Jemal

My wife gets migraines so I know what it looks like to be debilitated by head aches...

And if you were to read "That" post again(Or just finish reading this one. ;)) you'd now see that I'm back, at least partially. My headaches have calmed down to slightly less than constant debilitation, so I'm going to try easing back into things.

Ishalleatyourflesh, if you wish to 'pray' for your spells at twilight, feel free and we'll just say that game-mechanic wise even though you do your 'prayer' before bed, the spells refresh when you wake up.

Sweet Jemals back and awsome on the twilight prayer, thou that means that i've already prayed today

Remove ads