Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 3: Fallout

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo registers the incapacitated guards at Cassandra's statement. "Well thought, lucky for us I'm a great impersonator." He is looking for anything similar to a radio or a commlink.

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: Actually from now on I think I'd prefer you guys to link rolls from invisiblecastle if possible. If I need an immediate response (Such as a save to tell what happens while I'm updating), I'll roll it but the less I have to do the easier updates will come.

<Virtual>
Grid's electricity arcs wide, and Spyder glares at him angrily "It's not YOUR face, bozo, YOU're the imposter! I've been stuck in here for over a year now, and there's NO way I'm letting you get away with my body again." He stands and looks to Grid "Don't you remember? When I tried to break into Gryphon's system and they trapped me? You took advantage and swept out of cyberspace to steal my body? I've been waiting here ever since for some payback. I've been watching you, trying to find a weakness. Found your little girlfriend over here and figured this would be the perfect trap for you. Now I can prove that I'm the best and get back what's MINE!"

Genie stops with a start as she looks from Spyder to Grid "What is he talking about?" She seems perplexed.

OOC:
Spyder makes his will save agaisnt Enoch (Just barely), but the Monologuing isn't a bad idea.. So I'll make it an attack.

Will save vs Spyder's Affliction attack. It's insidious and subtle 2, so Grid won't know WHY he feels so confused by Spyder's words (Though he can make assumptions..)
Will DC 22: 1 degree = dazed, 2 degrees = Stunned, 3 degrees = Paralyzed
*With a caveat: Regardless of failure, you may still speak, the more Grid fails by though the more he believes Spyder's words.*
Genie is stunned, loosing her action this round.

It's Enoch's turn, then Grid. (remember Even if Grid's stunned/paralyzed he should still respond to Spyder's 'accusations'

<Real World>
As if on cue, one of the radios sitting on the table near the stairs comes to life "Station 3 check in."

OOC: Check from Uomo to Impersonate? You DID hear their voices so no penalties.. what skill is voice impersonation? Deception I believe..
Also HP to Shayuri for the great timing set-up. :p

Voda Vosa

First Post
"All clear down here." Uomo replies through the radio. His voice didn't sound as he expected, he clears his throat. "Ate a rat, *cough* guess I didn't chew it as much as I should have."

Deception: 17
HP reroll: 29 much better.

jkason

First Post
"What he's talking about is crazy, desperate bull," Grid says, eyes sparking. "He stole my code, warped into this nonsense, and he's gone so full-blown cyber-stalker, now he's trying to convince everyone that I'm the thief. Sorry, buggy, I'm the original, and you're just a corrupted copy with way too many bad sectors."

Grid unleashed another electrical attack. His aim, at least, was better, though it was unsettling trying to fry ... himself.

[sblock=ooc]Will save vs spyder (1d20+7=22)

Electric arc attack. (1d20+10=25) DC 25[/sblock]

Voidrazor

First Post
Enoch smirks, Now, that I can work with. He starts pushing a Poison Idea into Spyder's mind, 'the code that makes up your entire existence is being insidiously corrupted. Already glitches and latency problems are occurring. If you don't give up you'll degrade into meaningless garbage data.'

OOC: Using Poison Idea: Progressive Burst Area Affliction 12 (mutant, psionic, 1st degree: Figment, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Phantasm, Defenseless, 3rd degree: Immersion, Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 21; Burst Area 3: 120 feet radius sphere, Contagious, Extra Condition, Insidious, Progressive, Reversible, Selective, Subtle 2: undetectable)

Jemal

Adventurer
<Virtual World>
Genie continues looking back and forth between the two 'Grids', confused. Angrily, GRID turns and unleashes a massive bolt of lightning. Spyder throws his hands up, forming a shield of plasma between himself and the bolt, and the two hold the stand off, energy flowing between them for a moment.
Then Spyder's eyes start to twitch as Enoch seeps into his mind, and he begins muttering to himself "No.. I'm the real Grid.. I'm the real.. Glitch.. I'm.. I'm a.." and his shield falters as a huge wave of electricity washes over him, blasting him backwards into the 'firewall', both disappearing in a blinding flash of light as they collide.

Genie drops to her knees, and even though it's just an avatar, Grid can tell that she's exhausted. "I'm OK.. but my body's still trapped with the others, and they know you're coming. I don't know if you guys are in the building yet, but they know who you are and what you can do.. They know all about Gryphon. I'm sorry, I thought they were the good guys.."

OOC: Congratulations, between the two of you the Spyder has been squashed!
Grid gains a Hero point for trying several interesting tactics during the fight, even if they didn't work as well as hoped.

<Real World>
"That's disgusting, Lizard. How many times do I have to.." The voice cuts off for a moment as the lights flicker and spark. "What the. Hold on a sec."
The radio is silent for a short moment then the voice returns "Damnit, our Security Grid just went down, Don't know how they took him out but they might be coming in. Keep your eyes open down there and radio up if you hear any disturbances."

Felix's great hearing is able to pick out a voice in the background just as the radio is cutting out
"Get another guard on the hostages!" - it sounds like Robert's son.. Richard Gryphon.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Grid kneels next to Genie, putting his arms about her shoulders to help support her, though he waits for her to indicate if she's ready to stand.

"No worries," Grid says with a gentle smile. "This whole crazy mutant-shadow-conspiracy world confuses the living crap out of me, too. It's hard to figure out who's actually out to help you."

Grid points to his no longer hiding ally. "But, hey, you're with actual good guys now. Genie, this is Enoch. I owe you one for the hand," he says the last to Enoch, and seems about to ask how the non-cyber-powered hero could be present, but chooses not to question the miracle, not when there's still a mess to sort out.

"Well, if you wake up suddenly, they'll know there's even more wrong," Grid says to Genie. "But if you can fake it, maybe you can give us eyes in the room. Either way, let's see what we can do to at least cause some nice distractions while we try to get to you. Do you know what room you're in?"

Grid's eyes flick across the code streaming past, grabbing and arranging it in an effort to generate a workable map of the opposition, as well as looking for ways to lock them off from each other or subdue them before the team has to fight them.

[sblock=ooc]Sweet! Hero point! [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Sure thing, we'll keep our eyes peeled." Uomo says through the radio, and then turns off the thing. Satisfied he smiles a big grin.
"Alright my merry band! Seems our friend Grid is doing his job! Lets get a move on before we loose the element of surprise, shall we? They won't be expecting us from this side." Uomo walks towards the entrance. He takes point at a corner and points Felix forward, with a deaf 'Scout' order with his hand.

Shayuri

First Post
"You know..." Fulcrum said, taking a place on the opposite side across the door from Uomo and giving Felix a nod.

"...this might work out. When we're in position, we can radio in a call for help. See if we can get some of the people in there with the hostages to go down and reinforce the lower levels. Once we have the hostages secure, I can just blow the roof off and float us out of here."

BBs

First Post
Laura goes to Fulcrum's side. "Nothing really works out well for us, but here is to hard working."​ She gives a nod that she is ready for the next step.

Remove ads