Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 3: Fallout

Voidrazor

First Post
Enoch shrugs self-consciously in response to Grid's compliment and thanks. "Well, anytime I get to help introduce a megalomaniacal blowhard to his worst nightmare, its definitely a win. Hope you don't mind me stealing some of your bandwidth. Its kinda out of my wheelhouse. But we were all worried when your physical body started to drool a bit. So Uomo had me poke around." He glances over at Genie, "Nice to meet yah. Oh, er, Grid wasn't actually drooling. He was unconscious in a valiant, manful way."

"Anyway we should go G. Unless you need to stay in here to ... what's the word ... oh yeah, pwn these bastards."

Zerith

First Post
Felix’s Face ran a pale at what he herd. Sure, it was covered in fur, but the inside of his ears went, the generally spooked and dumb struck look on his face as he looked towards the fairly filmier voice he herd though the walls, he did not want to lay out a baseless accusation but… better safe and scolded later then even more sorry. Having been silent for a while, Felix stuttered, in what amounted to gibberish in his muchtoquick kind of way before taking a breath and saying it again “Didn't-anyone-else?I…” he started trying to avoid speaking too fast, and yet he kind of failed more then a little bit “Just-herd-Richarded-” he yelped, becoming notably smaller and motioning towards the radio, shacking slightly: the repercussions were not the kind he would rather contemplate “through-the-radio…” he finished with a chock.

With a finally, Noticeable shank he steadied himself, shrank one final inch, and then: Spied the earnest air vent, on the wall or in the exposed supper structure, and then attempted to blitz into it on all four: their detection was down, or so it seemed, and he had to confirm what he herd, one way or another. If he found the hostages, all the better, but… priorities shift…

[sblock=OoC] Scouting ahead! And possibly going to do something stupid :p[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yep" Uomo said calmly. "It can be Ricky G." he added. "He has played his cards, we play ours. This is business so I don't want any sort of contemplation with this man, despite his biological relations with our benefactor, understood? He is our enemy now, and if he gets on our way, we are going to take him down fast and hard."

Shayuri

First Post
"Our benefactor who probably knew about this but didn't tell us," Cassandra reminds Uomo. She looks at the vent shaft where the cat-man had vanished. There was an unease creeping along the pit of her stomach.

"You think he's going to be all right? He can be...impulsive."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Oh he and I knew. No point in having you working out your brains about it." Uomo says, his eyes stuck where Felix had gone. "I'm guessing he'll be fine, you have a point on him being impulsive, but I'm not sure he'll go charging at a batalion of mutant terrorist. Not even I am so stupid."

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra gave Uomo a dark look. "Except that if we'd known in advance, then we'd have been ready for this little reveal. That was pretty shortsighted thinking, Uomo. I'm getting pretty tired of this 'need to know' crap. It erodes trust, both in Gryphon, and in you."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Well you can't expect to work with a master spy and know everything right? Besides you now know and it was too much of a shock!" the steel gaze that Fulcrum returned didn't seem to ease, if even get worse. "Alright alright, I guess I'll have to tell you everything, but lets finish this first, bene?"

jkason

First Post
Grid shakes his head.

"Now that I've taken out the protections, I think I can manage things without having to be all dead-to-the-world," he assures Enoch. "You can hang out here if you don't want to risk returning to yourself, yet Genie, but either way, we'll have access to one another through the network now. Don't hesitate to yell if you need," he says.

Once he's sure Genie is sorted, he nods to Enoch, and shifts his consciousness back to his body, though he maintains his hold on the internal security, since it sounds like they're going to need it.

Shayuri

First Post
"Right, and if we'd had the shock BEFORE, when it was safe, then it wouldn't be a problem NOW, when it's not!" she flares. Doors shiver in their frames, and the walls groan a little. Small objects around her slide away gently. Uomo feels a ghostly tug, as if gravity momentarily shifted slightly away from Cassandra.

She closes her eyes and visibly controls herself.

"Sorry," she says, eyes still closed. "Heat of the moment. We can talk about this later. Lets just get this done."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yeah...." The man looks around to see if things won't suddenly fly and stab him. "Lets talk later." he reassures. He takes a casual look at the direction Felix is going. "What's taking him so long?"

Remove ads