Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 3: Fallout

BBs

First Post
"Well seeing as we're waiting for brain boy, want me to try to knock him out? That or Frost freezing him in a huge ice might put him to sleep for a while? Just not permanent hopefully."

OOC: If there are no objections though, Laura will attempt to knock out lizard man with her powers.

Zerith

First Post
Felix rolled his eyes; he was still getting over his, over exited state, it took him longer then he would have liked to calm down, and it annoyed him, meanwhile he reverted back to his ‘normal’ hybrid form.

He then looked to the rubble “You’re all thinking either too literally in terms of tying him up or playing with too many variables, we don’t need fancy, or room efficient restrains, and a qusing game with how fast they can recuperate from being frozen or drained, we just need enough weight that he can’t displace it in the near future.” Felix said with a broadening, sly grin as he tented his hands, fingertips touching each other; eyes narrowed “Burry him in the debris” Felix spoke evenly as he looked at Fulcrum.
Then his gaze wandered to Uomo.

Felix’s eyes instantly shot back to Fulcrum, his hands, though still tented, no longer touched fingertip to fingertip, were instead clasp around his knuckles; his eyes were opened normally, welcomingly; his raised, puffed tail hinting that he believed his previous position too assuming; his twitching, rose ears further exposed his embarrassment. A nervous chuckle ensued.

“I would say we should just chuck them outside the building into the arms of the local authorities, the build up until our unveiling would be very good, but this is a hostage recuse first and foremost: giving them yet another chance to notice us, while also letting them know we’re a real threat is unwise…” Felix said began to motion as if to think, but then had more than enough time to think, he grinned excitedly. “After we secure the hostages…” His growing glee was radiant as he turned to Fulcrum, he had another idea. “After we secure the hostages, we should return, then you can shoot them out a window aiming high and then slow them down midflight and then gently lower them into police custody!” Felix exclaimed happily.

[sblock=OoC]EnWorld believes I should be unable to use colors :/[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Fulcrum eyed Felix with wariness...something in his manic delivery was a little offputting. And his advice was...strange.

"Burying them could suffocate them," she said. "I'll see what I can improvise as far as bonds from this wreckage."

She carefully picked her steps into the ruined rooms and looked around. A moment later, there were squeaks and shrieks of metal against stone as she started wrenching reinforcement bars out of the floor and broken walls and twining them together as if they were no harder to work with than wire or plastic. The sight was surreal...just her standing in that dust-filled, dark room with tendrils of metal bending and weaving in the air around her like living things. When she was satisifed with their apparent strength, she bent them around the wrists and ankles of the unconscious mutants...snugly, but taking some care not to inflict damage.

(OOC - Rather than waiting for GM input to act, I'll just do this...and if there's a problem, Jemal, just say so and I'll edit it. :))

Zerith

First Post
Felix’s ears fell and his expression deflated, she misunderstood. She did not have to bury them air tight in the debris, which was needless extra work, and apparently she had never seen someone buried at a beach either; the sand did not hold people down with its strength, only its weight.

Felix then shrugged and sighed as he closed his eyes, resisting the urge to roll them at her reply.

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
Apologies for another long delay, went out of town for a week and lost internet, then simply forgot about enworld for a few days after getting home... >< unforgiveable, I know, but I should be back to fairly consistent posting now that I'm not being a doofus.
No problems about the not waiting Shayuri, I actually love it when my players take initiative.

On another note, it seems Voidrazor's been away even longer than me! His last post on ENWorld was over a month ago in this thread.. I'm not sure if this is his only game and he's just waiting on his time in the Virtual world, or if he's offline... VR, if you're just (im?)Patiently waiting, you're finally in if you wish to act in the VR world.
I'll keep going, and if VR hasn't posted by the time the virtual world (oh.. hehe.. VR, Virtual reality.. PUN!!) encounter is done, I'll have him 'babysit' Gryphon.
JKason, I HAD intended to start updating your encounter as frequently as possible without waiting on others, and intend to do so now. With the exception of unless/until VR joins in.
(The form coming out of the fire is Enoch. He was able to use his mental powers to 'piggyback' on Grid's mind into the Virtual World.)

<Virtual World>
Spyder angrily bats the spear away, exposing himself to Grid's electrical bolt, which strikes him full-force, knocking him backwards. The plasma-facade shimmers and then drops, as he struggles back to his feet - looking almost exactly like Grid but more gaunt - "NO, this is MY place, She's mine, it's all MINE!" The man raves as he throws both hands out towards Grid, a double bolt of plasma that Grid barely avoids. As he stares angrily at Grid, another form begins to emerge from the firewall behind him..

<Real World>
After much discussion and some disagreement, Fulcrum manages to bind the two, just in time as the reptile starts awakening again, only to have Shadow grab his head and drain him back into unconsciousness.

Voidrazor

First Post
Though unfamiliar with virtual environments, Enoch strives to keep a low profile while attempting to perceive the minds behind the avatars around him. Don't mind me, I'm just a minor glitch. I am not the droids you are looking for.

[sblock=If he can sort out what's going on and still act this round]Enoch starts pushing Spyder's ego towards solipsistic hypertrophy. 'Why lower yourself to skirmish with those who are beneath you when you can just gloat and spout triumphant monologue? There's nothing these noobs can do to stop you anyway.'[/sblock]

OOC: Yep, I was just waiting for my turn to come up again. IIRC you would prefer to do the rolls, right Jemal? I'm assuming Enoch needs to make a perception/insight roll and is causing Spyder to make a Will roll against his resistible Concealment and possibly against his hypnotic suggestion Mind Control power.

jkason

First Post
Grid isn't sure if whatever that is behind Spyder is on his side or not, but he decides that (1) he doesn't have time to worry about it, and (2) if somehow the fates have actually decided to deal him a good hand for once, he wants Spyder's attention on him so that the deus ex codica can do its thing. He frowns as the form shifts and he sees someone who looks frightfully like himself there.

"Dude! That is just downright wrong!" He says. "Take me code, steal my identity, but for the love of binary, leave my face alone!" Grid yells, launching another electrical burst across the virtual space between them. Between worrying about whatever's in the wall, and finding himself creeped out by Spyder's new look, however, Terry's aim is terrifically awful.

[sblock=ooc]Electric arc attack. (1d20+10=12)[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra nods at the incapacitation of the initial guards then looks at the others.

"We'd better move...I'm sure these guys will be expected to check in soon. Whatever element of surprise we have now won't last long."

Remove ads